Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 11:29:28 AM EST
So what do you guys think of Talk Radio, and doesAnyone here listen? I myself like
to listen to Michael Savage, and occasionally Sean Hannity. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:31:49 AM EST
Interesting combination you have there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:32:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 11:33:41 AM EST by Dave_A]
Rush, Hannity, and to some extent Glen Beck are OK...

Savage & the guy on Coast to Coast are nuts (literally).... Especially Coast to Coast - I'm sorry, but alien conspiracies, ancient crystals that have 'powers' and so on??? Give me a break....

And some of the best talk radio is always local talent (Belling in Milwaukee, for example)....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:34:23 AM EST
Michael Savage talks too much and puts too much energy into worthless, meaningless crap, and when he does talk about a serious topic, he's too angry and opinionated for me to be able to stand listening. I also disagree with him a lot.

Sean Hannity is OK, but not great.

Rush Limbaugh is far above the best of them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:34:39 AM EST
I've said it before...

All political pundits are hucksters. Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck, Savage, Coulter...ALL hucksters. They've devised and polished a formula of figuring out what conservatives want to hear and then telling it to them with verve. Once they've established an audience, the cycle of book publication begins. Name for me a SINGLE pundit who hasn't used his position to hawk his books? For these folks it's all about whipping the masses into a frenzy and collecting the cash from emotion-driven sales. Don't fall for it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:37:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By kill-9:
I've said it before...

All political pundits are hucksters. Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck, Savage, Coulter...ALL hucksters. They've devised and polished a formula of figuring out what conservatives want to hear and then telling it to them with verve. Once they've established an audience, the cycle of book publication begins. Name for me a SINGLE pundit who hasn't used his position to hawk his books? For these folks it's all about whipping the masses into a frenzy and collecting the cash from emotion-driven sales. Don't fall for it.

Wow, that's sure a biased, simple-minded view.

If you were trying to spread what you believed in, why WOULDN'T you try to sell your books?

And if all Rush Limbaugh did was try to say what he knew his listeners wanted to hear, he wouldn't be so freakin' correct about every freakin' thing, and he wouldn't have kept the exact same position throughout his career.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:41:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By Greenhorn:
if all Rush Limbaugh did was try to say what he knew his listeners wanted to hear, he wouldn't be so freakin' correct about every freakin' thing

Think about that for a minute.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:43:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 11:45:27 AM EST by Greenhorn]

if all Rush Limbaugh did was try to say what he knew his listeners wanted to hear, he wouldn't be so freakin' correct about every freakin' thing

Think about that for a minute.

Hmm. Uh . . . Yeah, you upped your post count by 1. What did I win?

EDIT: Oh, I get it, you misunderstood me. I'm talking about things that he says, and then they happen as he predicted. I'm not saying that "everything he says I agree with, so he's right!"

Genius.

So basically, you're saying that if anyone says something and makes money at it, they're not genuine. Is that how you relate to people in general?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:46:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 11:54:30 AM EST by kill-9]

So basically, you're saying that if anyone says something and makes money at it, they're not genuine. Is that how you relate to people in general?

People in general? No. People in general don't make their livings doing what these folks do. But do I have a general distrust of salesmen? You bet.

I should add a note specifically about Limbaugh. He was the one who developed the formula. In fact, I will concede that his original idea for a show may have resulted from his genuine conservative positions and passion. But all who have followed are only cashing in...the latest being Dennis Miller.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:50:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 11:50:44 AM EST by skin290]

I've said it before...

Wow, that's sure a biased, simple-minded view.

If you were trying to spread what you believed in, why WOULDN'T you try to sell your books?

And if all Rush Limbaugh did was try to say what he knew his listeners wanted to hear, he wouldn't be so freakin' correct about every freakin' thing, and he wouldn't have kept the exact same position throughout his career.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:50:22 AM EST

... post edit - edit

His predictions are pretty much spot on for the most part.

Im sure the liberals are just dying to help prove his predictions correct by taking the very actions he said they would do.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:55:33 AM EST

I've said it before...

But since Rush & his ilk so piss off the liberals that they actually use him in mailings like the NRA uses Hilary, he must be very effective.

Rush is more powerful than a US Senator.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:10:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By SS109:

I've said it before...

But since Rush & his ilk so piss off the liberals that they actually use him in mailings like the NRA uses Hilary, he must be very effective.

Rush is more powerful than a US Senator.

When Dingy Harry Reid wastes time on the Senate Floor attempting to smear Limbaugh, you know that Rush is doing something right.

He gets under their skin unlike any other. I love the guy.

That POS Harkin even went so far as to say he must be on drugs again. That is funny because the only way Harkin and all his dem. buddies can win an election is by the drunken, drug abusing, perverts showing up to the poles in masses chasing after free goverment money that the dems hand out.

Top Top