Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 5:45:16 AM EDT
Hi all,

This is my first post, and I'm sure this has already been addressed...but since I'm so new, I'm going to ask it anyway.

I'm thinking of building an AR...is it legal to put a pre-ban upper, complete with flash supressor AND bayonete lug, on a post ban lower?  How about a pre-ban upper on a pre-ban lower?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:48:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No & Yes

Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Mr. Wilson,

Thanks for helping out the FNG.  Is there any easy way to find where that's written?  I'd like to be able to refer to something before I get jammed up.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Your in the legal section, and all you could want to ask is probably here. Reading and browsing other posts will gain you access to all manner of sites and answers.
Use the search feature for specific queries.

Good Luck and Welcome
Mike

Mainspring go to ARTICLES menu, pull down to Legal.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask! Keep asking.Remember everybody was new to this at one time.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
yes [b]BUT[/b] before you do you either have to make it [b]no longer semi auto or no longer have a detachble magazine[/b]. then the lower would no longer fall under the provisions of the 1994 crime bill
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:12:22 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want to peruse the federal code, check out 18 USC 922 and it's preceeding and subsequent sections.  You can print out a copy of specific sections from the Cornell site, to-wit:  [URL]www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/922.html[/URL]

So far as your state goes, I'm sure there are sources of law on the net, just do a search.

Any specific questions, just ask and we will try and give you an answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top