Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 5:57:17 AM EDT
I built a house in 96 and got talked into buying windows that were as "good as Anderson" by the lumber company sales rep.  Fast forward 13 years and the CRAPPY Caradco windows are fogging and the sashes are rotting.  I tried getting ahold of customer service (if that's what you call it) from Jeld-Wen because they have since bought Caradco.  No parts are available, only complete glass and sash units.  A Google search shows TONS of poor or worse reviews of the Caradco.

I don't want to spend any more money with Jeld-Wen and we want wood on the inside so most (if not all) replacement windows are out.  I am leaning towards the new costuction 400series model number WDH3442 offered by Anderson.

Has anyone had bad experinces with these?  Google doesn't show much on the model other than store info.  Pella or Marvin may also be an option, we just haven't looked at them yet.

Thanks,

S-1
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't do much with Anderson but see if anyone in your area sells SUN windows. They are made in Owensboro, KY. The quality is as good or better than the Anderson and they are cheaper.

They have a 20 year warranty on seal failures 1 year warranty for stress cracks and moving parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top