Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2001 1:57:30 PM EDT
Any of you do this?

I bought 2 new toys about 2 weeks ago.  Picked them up and immediately took them to the range to fire them after checking them over completely.  Sprinfield M1-D Sniper Select Grade A with scope and every attachment ever issued Mint.In.Wrapper, and a Colt green label pre-ban 16" carbine with all evil features - mint.

Since the day I brought them home, I have to take them out routinely for general fondling.  No reason to take them out other than to gawk at them and such.

I love this damn hobby!  Wife still trying to figure out the above syndrome though.  I now wait until she's at work for my daydreaming.

Do you sit there with a new toy for no other reason than to gawk at it for repeated sessions days after buying it?  This never gets old.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes...I always do this with all of my new toys.

My wife thought I was a complete wacko after I got my first suppressor and I just sat there taking it apart and putting it back together. Dropping bullets down it and other stupid shit like that. Usually only lasts a couple of days for me though. After that I put the stuff up and start looking for something new.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Who doesn't?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, new and old!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I admit to this affliction. Which toy comes out depends on which movie is on, Patton, Saving Private Ryan, The Garand comes out.  Full Metal Jacket, Apocolypse Now, etc...the AR's come out.
BUT....for Red Dawn, they all come out to play !![:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
hell it takes me a week or two to get it to the safe............i got tired of spining the dial so now the new stuff stays out for a while,bolt guns in the corner with christmas lights on it is great for the holiday season
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
This is very therapeutic...I don't feel so isolated anymore...my spontaneous sweating and twitching seems to slowly be subsiding.  My name is (add your name here), and I am a gun-o-phile.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
That's funny as hell you guys are describing me!  What's worse is my "projects", these are guns or formulations for guns that have'nt been completed or I have'nt got the money to start on yet.  It's not unusual for me to have 3-4 of these projects going at once, most times it takes at least a year to even get one completed.  My last project was an AR SBR, I would simply walk around the house with it (once completed) wife thought I'd really lost it.  LOL!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]
My new guns get to stay along side my bed for a whole month before I put them in the cold, dark safe.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
uuuhhhhh...
i dont know what you are talking about....
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=70851[/url]
[}:D]
View Quote

Kewl!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]

No, I don't own any toys; but if I did, I would drool over them every day.

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually I drool over all my toys not just the new ones.

As I type this I have my second centre fire rifle next to me

A Tula Mossin Nagant M91 with Hex reciever
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#13]
We could start our own 12 Step Program for this gun obesession!  
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We could start our own 12 Step Program for this gun obesession!  
View Quote

But why would we want to?

Michael
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm the lone no vote so far.

I had an old Aimpoint go south on me a few months ago, and they sent me a new Comp ML2 to replace the sight I sent in:
I haven't even opened the box yet.

I'll get around to looking at it one of these days.

Of course, my job does require that I get my carbine out everyday, and put it in the rack behind the front seat of the company car, and occasionally, I get the attention of "bad guys" with it, but I don't really "fondle or oggle over it.

It's just a tool: A REALLY COOL TOOL !!!!!!!

FIRE UP !!!!!! [sniper]

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I place my treasured guns on an alter and worship them. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top