Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2001 10:42:37 PM EDT
I just got a new Creedmore full-fingered Shooting Glove in the mail today.  I'll be using it for Service Rifle competition in the near future.  First glove I've ever owned, and it looks/feels great, but I've got a major size problem.  This is probably for the Comp/Accurate AR forum, but I will need some info. by tomorrow morning.

The glove is WAY too tight.  After about 15 seconds of it on, I can feel the pulse in my hand beating through the fabric/leather of the glove.  I measured the fullest width of my hand, which came to about 4.25" total.  I ordered a Medium, which specified a hand-width of 4-5".  The size SHOULD be right, but man is this tight.  I was expecting ski-glove type firmness, but this is a bit too much - it's pretty hard to make a full handed fist.

So..

1.) Is the glove too small for me?  If so I'll end up returning it to Creedmore tomorrow and getting a large, assuming their RMA dept. aren't hardasses.
2.) Should shooting gloves actually BE this tight?  Is there a reason a slightly looser, much more comfortable glove is not recommended because of hand stability issues of some sort?

Thanks Guys.
[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got a major size problem of 4-5".
View Quote

Sounds like a personal problem....bud..
Might want to talk to your doctor about that...

John
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. The glove is to small.  It should be supportive but not restrictive.  Also give consideration to the "fingerless" designs since you don't need any support between your fingers, only between your index finger and thumb.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Mail it to OJ, he has the final word in that department.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 1:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
DPeacher -
Thanks, that's what I needed to hear.  I'll call them tomorrow and schedule a replacement. I actually like the full fingered version better, honestly.  Using my practice form, my forefinger and 3 other fingers tend to come pretty close to the proximity of the ejection port...I figure this will protect my fingers from any hot brass that might fly too far forward.

Beagles -
How did I not see that one coming?!  Just be glad you said it before Capt. Obvious did...he'd have a field day with me on it.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top