Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2015 10:17:08 AM EDT
Decided to cerakote the new AR i was building. I went with the C Series that is air dry. Upper, lower and rail were all new. i blasted with brake cleaner, bathed in acetone, then hit them with a heat gun to dry completely. i used a prevail sprayer system from Lowes. bought 4 oz of burnt bronze cerakote online. sprayer worked pretty good. lots of paint left over. let them hang for 5 days to fully cure. not that i can handle i found a couple spots that need more paint. but im happy with my first time.

specs:
Anderson upper and lower
Radical 16" stainless barrel
magpul stock, grip and sights.
15" keymod rail from Samson.
AIM coated LPK
PSA bolt
random CH, tube, buffer, pins, block and flash hider that i had around the shop.

on the Samson rail. first time ive used one. by far the easiest install using the factory nut. couple sleeves that lock onto the nut and then the rail slides down around them. tighten and done. rail feels nice in the hand and no sharp edges.

Gun ran perfect. already have over 150 rounds down it the first day.

For this vid i had a PA dot and Samson 3x flip to side magnifier on it. Few up close paper shots then flip the 3x for hots on reduced silhouette steel target at about 50 yards.

While i had the camera set up, slow mo with my P7 at 10 yards.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice job!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice job!!
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#3]
great job. really like the color
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice bronco
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice bronco
View Quote

Lol knew that was coming.

73 302. Dad bought it for mom In early 80s. She drove for a couple years. Garaged for years till I got it at 16. Drive thru high school and some college. Now it's my fun vehicle. Left me wedding in it

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top