Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2001 2:57:57 PM EDT
OK, I bought the SP1 I posted about yesterday.  I think in my case it stands for Surely Philthy.  I don't think the owner ever cleaned the thing! EVER!  It was a good 2 hours of cleaning to get the inner workings into an acceptable shape.  The back of the bolt looked like molten black metal but it was baked on and heat treated carbon!  The same for the muzzle.  I think I'm going to soak it in carb cleaner.  I like having the bayonet lug and flash suppressor.  After I put it back together I snapped on the M9 bayonet.  Oh yeahhh.  For some reason I like the feel of the A1 style over the A2 style even though the A2 add on's make sense.  The bore looks fine but the right handguard has one top flange broken off.  I just like the idea that I can now have all the "evil" parts on this receiver and still be legal.  This rifle says "shoot me" much more louder than my Bushmaster XM15E2 does.
jd1    
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I WUVE pre-bans!!!!!!

Soon to purchase a pre-ban bushmaster shorty
myself.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I had a pre-ban, but for now my Colt AR does me just fine.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
A buddies got one i could get for 1000 i'm thinking about doing the deal just to get the 1X12 upper to make a 22 rimfire and the lower to make whatever....Dick  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top