Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 10:31:56 PM EDT
Theyre at [url=http://community.webshots.com/user/subvert2]My webshots[/url]
Still working on getting the pics up.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
...wheres the sniper fire coming from?....

...behind the red x's.....

(links no worky)
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya sure? I just got them to show up for me after a few tries.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they show up for you because they are in your cache.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing but [red]Red[/red] X's

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well how do I fix that? I did the whole {img}www.whatever.com/pic.jpg{/img} but with []'s thing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice pictures Subvertz. What kind of accuracy are you getting out of her. What are your thoughts of DPMS ARs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:44:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Subverts, I saw the PIC's of your tippmann.  I've been thinking of getting an ACI F4 Illustrator, but the tippman is starting to look better w/all the upgrades I can get.  Can you answer a few question?

1) Really, how much further and more accurate does the "flatline" barrel shoot?

2) Is that an AR15 colapsable stock you have on there, or is it an aftermarket made for the tippmann part?  If it's a real CAR stock, did it screw right in w/o an adapter?

3) whats your opinion of the 98 over the F4?

4) is the tippmann really bullet proof reliable?

5) how do you like the built in elbow, and the way it hinges away from the gun?

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Hands, face, muzzle, Butler Creek lens covers.  Those are the items that stood out on a consistant basis.  Remember, there are no straight lines or perfect circles in nature.  Also, although I could not detect it in the pictures, the heels and soles of your footwear must also be considered when in the prone position.

Good job.  Just need to pay more attention to detail.  That is what separates the common from the extraordinary.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys.

Matthew, I've been able to get pretty consistant headshots out to about 450 yrd (I should for what I payed for that damn barrel.) But I don't really have a range longer than that near my area and I don't trust the cartridge past that.

Boom Stick, I like my flatline. It does live up to the claims and it suits my style of play. The stock is not a real one, its a Tippy. If you have the money always go with "better" gun if you are super serios about paintball. But if like to go in the woods and have fun and not get frustrated with your marker, go Tippmann. The elbowis pretty nifty. makes cleaning easy, and I never have to remount my hopper.

Dpreacher, thanks for the tips and you are not the first person to point that out. Yes, the erlier pictures I stick out like a sore thumb. But since I have gotten gloves & facepaint, even though I may not put them on for the pictures. Also I scuffed up and sprayed my jungle boots. The lens cover, I will just deal with.  I like it black for when I am not creeping, and I can always wrap some burlap around it. Thanks for the suggestions though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#10]
The bi-pod is TOO HIGH. Too much body is exposed in pron position and you make an easy target.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, if I were creeping on a golf green. Have you ever crawled around in real southern underbrush? If you had you would know that a standard harris bipod like mine fully retracted will barely allow you to see over the grass and leaves. And who am I exposed to? Do you think I would take a shot if someone could see me from any direction? So you can keep your muzzle in the mud if you want, but I'm just fine at the height my bipod is.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Get that damn scope lower to the bore. You have to be on a step ladder to see thru it. Get that damn cheek piece off too. The riser is built into your upper to allow for scope clearance on your float tube. Get the red dot off the barrel also. It will affect accuracy. You have good long range rig if you get that garbage off of it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#13]
cool pics man!
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the advice gun fan. Believe it or not I used to be set up pretty much as yuo have mentioned and I had a few problems with the set up. First, whenever I would try to camo my rifle to my liking it would obstruct the scope. Also, With the low profile I had trouble getting a good cheek weld when prone. This would leave way off at an angle when prone just to be able to see. So I tried the riser and cheek rest and boom, it seemed to fit me perfect without really affecting my at range shot placement. I know the paralax shift should affect it, but it just doesn't. As for the laser, it was just for the picture. It really does screw with the harmonics, so its gone. Also, as I said before, I don't trust the .223 at any weight to dump enough kenetic energy into anything to make a humane shot beyond 500 yrds. So, if my accuracy is fine up to that point , I don't worry about any affects my garbage cause.

(P.S. Where in SC are you? Maybe we could shoot sometime. [sniper])
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
The added cammo issue makes sense. Doh.... I live in the Columbia area. Member of a range here if you're in the area. What part are you in? Looks like we have at least 10 fella's on this site from SC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in the Charleston area, but I've been known to drive much longer distances just to shoot. I'll be going on Nuke School graduation leave for a few weeks soon, but I should be free most weekends in the upcomming months. Let me know if you want to get together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top