Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2007 4:38:07 PM EDT
You know what I was just thinking? Since Ford and Dodge and Chevy are all making modern versions of there old cars (mustang,charger,camero) I wonder why there isn't a new Chevy Chevelle out or a GTO (who ever makes that one). What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummm.

The new GTO has been out for a couple of years now.

Well actually its a Holden HSV but the muscle car never died in Aus.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ummm.

The new GTO has been out for a couple of years now.

Well actually its a Holden HSV Monaro but the muscle car never died in Aus.

HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) is an in-house tuner, like AMG and Mercedes
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Please God, don't let chevy bastardize the chevelle like they have with everything else.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to see a new RX-3 SP
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Well if you look at some of them they came back in name only. The Charger looks nothing like an older one and is 4 door, but its a nice car.

Mustang has kinda always been around Im not a big fan of the new look.  
I wont say anything about the GTO for a change
Id somewhat hate to see another big name car brought back for something that is not anything like what it used to be for.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Your buying a name....they have nothing in common, which is good and bad.
o to Turkey, or where ever it is, that GM sold off it's Chevy II and '57 assembly lines. That would be a New Old Car.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well if you look at some of them they came back in name only. The Charger looks nothing like an older one and is 4 door, but its a nice car.

Mustang has kinda always been around Im not a big fan of the new look.  
I wont say anything about the GTO for a change
Id somewhat hate to see another big name car brought back for something that is not anything like what it used to be for.

Ill say something about the GTO. I helped a buddy of mine to lowering kit on his 04. Its a cool car but theres parts worn out after 50K miles that just shouldnt be worn out. Especially in a "muscle car". Muscle cars should be built stout to handle track time and the occasional jumping over a rail road track. The suspension on these things looks downright sub par...
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Ford never got rid of the Mustang like the Charger... they just did a redesign with throwback stlying...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top