Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:38:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not read good things about this movie.  Typical Hollywierd Leftist anti-war stuff from what I understand.

And is it me or does Jake Gyllenhaal look like Tobey Maguire's brother?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Swofford = assgnat

avoid at all cost, even if it means watching titanic with the lady in your life (at least that way you can get some couch loving).
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have not read good things about this movie.  Typical Hollywierd Leftist anti-war stuff from what I understand.

And is it me or does Jake Gyllenhaal look like Tobey Maguire's brother?

I was thinking Spiderman too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The book sucked. Swofford is a huge whiny ass.

The Hollywierd movie version will suck even worse.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Book was horrendous.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If you need any more reason to avoid it, the NY Times loves to quote him.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You know your gonna watch it. It's a movie for Christ sake, why do you let someone's politics affect you? I watch movies to be entertained; I never take a message from them. That's for the weak-willed, the minions. I just want to watch it for the hell of it. IT IS JUST A MOVIE; screw the asshat that wants to spout his political views. Blackhawk Down had an anti-war message and it is still an excellent movie. They deleted the desecration scene after all.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You know your gonna watch it. It's a movie for Christ sake, why do you let someone's politics affect you? I watch movies to be entertained; I never take a message from them. That's for the weak-willed, the minions. I just want to watch it for the hell of it. IT IS JUST A MOVIE; screw the asshat that wants to spout his political views. Blackhawk Down had an anti-war message and it is still an excellent movie. They deleted the desecration scene after all.

No, you have it wrong.

Only the weak minded will continue to reward Left Wing Hollywood for making anti war movies.  Everytime you buy a ticket or rent a DVD you give money to Hollywood.

BHD showed the stupidy of Clinton's dirty little war and the courage of the Rangers that fought it.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
IT IS JUST A MOVIE.

Tell that to Goebbels, Riefenstahl, Vertov, and Eisenstein.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
He was on NPR when his book was first released a couple years ago.  It sounded very grim.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Saw the books author on the TV talk shows and he came off as an anti military pussy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

BHD showed the stupidy of Clinton's dirty little war and the courage of the Rangers that fought it.  

Point of fact.  Bush sent the Marines to Somalia in December, before Bubba took office.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:10:56 AM EDT
[#13]
The book was a waste. Swofford, if honest, has some serious issues.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top