Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 3:37:41 PM EDT
Did any of you guys ever hear about the Masons having some kind of treasure brought over to America by the Founding Fathers?

Here's the movie trailer.  When I saw this, I thought it was a cool idea for a movie, very original and interesting.

nationaltreasure.movies.go.com/main.html

But watching these short clips interviewing the filmmakers and historians, there are people who think the Free Masons have some sort of secret stash, and it's tied up in the history of this country's foundation.  

www.latinoreview.com/films_2004/touchstone/nationaltreasure/nt.html

Wow.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
i liked this idea as well and am looking forward to the movie. also checked for some story behind it, but couldnt find anything. never came up with the masons either.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It's probably the Ark of the Covenant. They got it from the Knights Templar.

We really do need a tinfoil hat smiley.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
It's an Illuminati Conspiracy… look on your Dollar Bills…
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Excellent plot, but from the trailers it looks like the movie is done kind of poorly.

Just my opinion.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Nicholas freaking Cage?

No thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's probably the Ark of the Covenant. They got it from the Knights Templar.

We really do need a tinfoil hat smiley.

Wouldn't that be cool if the Ark was in America?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wouldn't that be cool if the Ark was in America?

It is - don't you remember that old guy crating it up and pushing it into that huge warehouse?

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Did any of you guys ever hear about the Masons having some kind of treasure brought over to America by the Founding Fathers?

Here's the movie trailer.  When I saw this, I thought it was a cool idea for a movie, very original and interesting.

But watching these short clips interviewing the filmmakers and historians, there are people who think the Free Masons have some sort of secret stash, and it's tied up in the history of this country's foundation.  

Wow.

Maybe I am missing something, but in the trailer one of the characters says "They left clues all over the place" or something to that effect and they show the Freemason pyramid that's on the back of a one dollar bill.  While it would be a good idea for the Founding Fathers to leave clues on our national currency, the one dollar bill as we know it wasn't around back then, and the Freemason pyramid wasn't put on the dollar bill until it was redesigned during FDR's presidency.  I belive the Secertary of the Treasury was a Freemason at that time, and that's how it got on there.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

Maybe I am missing something, but in the trailer one of the characters says "They left clues all over the place" or something to that effect and they show the Freemason pyramid that's on the back of a one dollar bill.  While it would be a good idea for the Founding Fathers to leave clues on our national currency, the one dollar bill as we know it wasn't around back then, and the Freemason pyramid wasn't put on the dollar bill until it was redesigned during FDR's presidency.  I belive the Secertary of the Treasury was a Freemason at that time, and that's how it got on there.  

The Great Seal of the United States was designed back after the revolution. It wasn't designed for the dollar bill.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget the Mason's "Square", "Key", and the "All Seeing Eye" on the dollar bill.  Not to mention that President Washington was a Mason himself, and being the 1st President of the country and 1st President that was a Mason.

Also the Washington Monument is itself a Masonic symbol.  The cornerstone was laid in place by a Grandmaster.  Washington Monument

The Ark is probably stored in the Washington Monument somewhere.

Hope I don't piss off any Mason's here.  Just trying to share some info.

No harm intended.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#11]
The Ark of the Covenant is supposed to be held by the Coptic Christians in the Ethiopian highlands.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The Ark of the Covenant is supposed to be held by the Coptic Christians in the Ethiopian highlands.

Wouldn't the Jews want it back?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard that about the Coptic Christians as well.  Don't put much credance in that story anymore.  It may have been there at one time in history, but it has since been moved.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#14]
WTT: Ark of the Covenant. Excellent condition for its age. Will trade for pre-ban, LEO stamped, colt M4.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thi book will be as close as you can probablky get to the true story, but trust me when I tell you, its there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top