Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 6:46:59 PM EDT
MSNBC reported some new info regarding the current terror threat. Here are some of the most interesting points mentioned:

"U.S. intelligence agencies had gathered detailed information about the plan, in which they said al-Qaida operatives would hijack foreign airliners and fly them into targets in the United States. In some instances, the intelligence is so detailed as to include specific flight numbers, they said." NBC reports that US intelligence believes the operation was approved by Osama himself.

"For example, the officials said, al-Qaida seems particularly interested in Tappahannock, Va., a tiny town of 2,016 people with no military base or major infrastructure. Such an attack would be intended to generate widespread fear that no one was safe, even in small rural towns, they said. "
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:51:58 PM EDT
Well i think they're learning.  Always said they should go after a "low-profile" area to scare the regular joe.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:58:30 PM EDT
I can hear those USAF & ANG fighter jocks now:
"I feel the need, and the needs for speed." Tom Cruise aka Lt. Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell from the movie Top Gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:58:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2003 7:00:07 PM EDT by Johnny_Reno]
I heard they were going to sneak into an office building and cut all of the erasers off of the pencils.

From my cold, dead hands!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:06:04 PM EDT
This is a relief.  I thought you meant that MSNBC was threatening terrorism against us.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:10:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno:
I heard they were going to sneak into an office building and cut all of the erasers off of the pencils.

View Quote

[lolabove]  [rofl2]

Or they could break into a mattress factory and rip off all those "Under penalty of Law" tags! That would teach the infidels who is boss!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:16:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bigjuice:
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno:

View Quote

[lolabove]  [rofl2]

Or they could break into a mattress factory and rip off all those "Under penalty of Law" tags! That would teach the infidels who is boss!
View Quote

I'm afraid that it doesn't end there.

I heard they were going to steal some undies off of my neighbors clothesline.

...at least, that is what I told the officer.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:17:45 PM EDT
Since I live in the area, I will say that military flight patterns have been significantly heavier over the past 2 weeks and definitley stepped up this week over last.

I hope, think and pray that our guys are ready if a heavy comes into the area low and slow.

Granted the area is generally rural, but there are other things that are close enough nearby that would raise some concerns.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:19:50 PM EDT
It must be for real. has anybody seen Dick Cheney ?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:20:38 PM EDT
Haven't you guys heard?

According to our resident tin-foil hat types, there is no threat, it's all made up, it's Bush trying to be a dictator.......the sky is falling............Aunty Em.........I'm melting..............blah blah blah.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:21:09 PM EDT
There may or may not be an international conspiracy to serve red wine with fish.

I can neither confirm nor deny.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:26:13 PM EDT
[url]http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3775771/[/url]

Here it is.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:26:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DzlBenz:
There may or may not be an international conspiracy to serve red wine with fish.

I can neither confirm nor deny.
View Quote

So, I guess we know what Dick Cheney is doing then.
Top Top