Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2002 8:34:20 AM EDT

Come on people, it looks like the LEO's in the Maryland shooter situation are running out of idea's about how to catch this twerp. How about we give the alphabet boys watching us some good idea's to go on. Here is my offering....

The shooter escapes without anyone noticing, right? I don't think the shooter is leaving the area after he takes a shot. I think they might be hiding in one of the empty houses or apartments in the area. What person would have access to empty houses? Real estate agents!!! Most empty houses for sale have those key boxes on the door. The real estate agents have master keys for the boxes and would go unnoticed by any neighbors or passersby.

Any more tinfoil hat ideas, folks?

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
How about using the "spy" sattelites to track a thermal flash from the suspected area the shot came from and use images to track movement to and from that area?

Those images are stored in a database somewhere. Access the past images and do the proper back-tracking.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
They are donning "alphabet" jackets and blending in with the responding LEOs.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:17:48 AM EDT
[#3]

I have heard more than one person say it could be a disgruntled LEO. With the "Code of Silence" they have I wonder how hard they are looking into that scenerio. Keep the ideas coming! We need to help these guys out as much as we can.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#4]
no comment on the real estate agents, although, there are quite a few of them here in VT that should be thrown in jail...

in any case, the idea that the shooter may not physically be leaving the area has some merit. he lays low somewhere til the heat eases off a bit, then goes about his business. brilliant!

okay Mr. FBI, ATF man....how about that idea?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmmmmmm....intriguing.

The only problem with this theory is that most real estate agents do not drive white commercial vans.

However, it does seem likely that he/they are not exfiltrating the area.

My theory is that he lives in the Aspen Hill area.  The first series of shooting are clustered in that area.  After hearing the reports of "geographic profiling" and "black helicopters", he tried to throw them off his trail by fanning out over a larger area.  As the evidence shows, he is adapting to what the police are doing and the media are ignorantly reporting.

On Tuesday, he was back in the Aspen Hill area VERY early in the morning (but late enough to not alert his family/neighbors by seeming to be only leaving for work).  The crime scenes away from Aspen Hill were done later in the day (or at night as in the case of Charlot, Meyers, Franklin and the unidentified man from the Ponderosa Steak House).

I still think the shooter is a heating and air conditioning (or plumbing) contractor.  Either the owner or a manager with access to all the keys.  When I worked for such a company in the 1990's, we had "box" trucks for the equipment installers, smaller Chevy Astro vans for the PM (preventative maintenance) guys and full sized Ford Econoline vans for the service techs.

Additionally, these types of individuals/vehicles are seen on the road all day and would not arouse the suspicion of the locals.  Also, as a tech, he would know the entire service area very well.  He would know the short cuts to avoid highly congested traffic areas (that are being blocked and searched by the police).  Time is money and he needs to learn how to get to the next service call quickly.  I used to know how to avoid these areas (like heavily travelled US Highways, State Roads or I-95) in favor of backroads and "short cuts".  He can shoot and then go to his first call of the day in the area and wait for the roadblocks to end.

So Ms. Alphabet Agent (referring to the analyst reading these posts) - cross reference heating and air contractors living and/or working in the Aspen Hill area with the list of owners of .22x chambered weapons from the 4473's being gathered and you will have you man/men.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I doubt any Alphabet agencies would actually take our advice.  Especially seening we are not privy to what is going on.  If there are other tarot cards/notes found I would like to know though.  Then maybe we could help out.  Otherwise it just sasquatch zombies doing it to me.  The only thing I will put my neck out on is the fact that this guy is a terrorist.  The whole money thing put it in persepective for me.  It reminds me of the kidnappings for money that the Abus's where/are doing.  The only thing that I speculate about is if there are multiple tarot cards this guy could be doing a pathworking or something simular.  Either way this guy is fccked in the head.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The only problem with this theory is that most real estate agents do not drive white commercial vans.
View Quote

The only problem here is that you assume the sniper is using a white van when nobody has SEEN the sniper and therefore how could they know he is using a white van?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The only problem here is that you assume the sniper is using a white van when nobody has SEEN the sniper and therefore how could they know he is using a white van?
View Quote

I had considered that.  Although Chief Moose has taken quite beating here there are a lot of others behind the scenes doing the actual investigating.  I think there must have been quite a bit of discussion before releasing the "profiles" of the three types of trucks they are looking for and I do not think they did it "willy nilly" (though some recent revelations make me question that the size of the investigation may be too large to be effective).  

I seem to remember several witnesses in the area reporting "white vans" speeding from various shooting scenes.  I know the witness in the Franklin shooting has been discredited.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#9]
  I think the fact that the "white van" keeps being reported by witnesses is because there are so many of them.

Think about it, if you stand on the corner of any city block and count the white vans compared to say.... maroon sedans. You would see the number of white vans greatly outweigh anything else on the road. That is why they keep being reported by witnesses.

Edited to add: The reason they are speeding away is the same reason every other vehicle in the area is speeding away. The shooter may be feeling froggy that day and decide to change his modus operandi.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got a few questions and some obsevations.

Questions:
1. Where is it stated that the 4473's can never be used for tracking weapons? I really do not know, but I assumed that these forms were to be kept by the FFL only.
2. Has there been ANY credible witness given vehicle or shooter descriptions?
3. Has the ME or whomever actually defined which caliber had been used, much less which weapon.
4. Does it seem that ALL of the alphabet agencies have decided that all of the shoots are linked?
5. What evidence could they have to support this assertion?
6. For question #5, in at least one incident, the trauma surgeons stated they were unable to recover the entire projectile, but had recovered a fragment. If this is true, then how do they link all of the shots by fragments? It seems that even a non-changeable type of 'ballistic fingerprinting' would need most if not all of the projectile.

Anyone else thinking along these lines?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Place all gun owners in the beltway area under house arrest and monitor all of their communications. If any one of them leaves their designated areas, arrest them as suspects and demolish their homes. I am 100% certain that a civilian gun owner knows who is doing all of the shootings and is protecting them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#12]
The cops have nothing.  They are desparate. All the forensic evidence and bs isn't going to find the killer(s) before he/they kill again. Shit, they don't even know if it is a single person or a group or if the current demander of ransoms is even the one doing the crimes.

Even if someone is ever arrested, they are going to have a damn hard time convicting that person/those people if they ditch the rifle and do not confess.

It is an astounding cluster fuck at this point.  Imagine if the US goes to war with Iraq and in retaliation, expat Iraqi sympathizers start doing murders like this all over the US.  How long before martial law would be declared?  How long will it be in MD?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Place all gun owners in the beltway area under house arrest and monitor all of their communications. If any one of them leaves their designated areas, arrest them as suspects and demolish their homes. I am 100% certain that a civilian gun owner knows who is doing all of the shootings and is protecting them.
View Quote
That might just work. But take it just a tweek farther, only gun owners get the implated chip, then they are allowed ccw and other forms of ownership.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have heard more than one person say it could be a disgruntled LEO.

View Quote

Are you sayin' one o' mah men is disgrumbled?
That really flustrates me ta hear that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Sewers.

Manhole covers.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#16]

I would actually like to see this person/persons catch a bullet between the eyes themselves. The only thing I can offer is that I really doubt that these are random or chance encounters.
Why?? He/she/they/whatever, have an escape route,,,every time.
That means he/they have reconnoitered every location,,,they have plotted multiple escape routes. These locations were plotted well in advance, the victims were just random targets. I really think there was three-six months planning that went into this. This/these person/s are working from a script.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Here is what is happening:

2 people, ONE shooter, one driver. Driver works for "Plumbing Delivery Company". While on his route dropping off plmbing supplies, he drops off the sniper. Sniper shoots, but stays put. He peels out of there. (A sleight-of-hand trick so to speak for anyone who does magic...)

IF he gets stopped at a road block, he has an alibi: "Oh Occifer, I was just delivering plumbing supplies... Here is the receipt...." He drives away, scott free, meanwhile all eyes are looking to roadblock the area.

The victims are targets of opportunity, NOT planned marks!

Here is part 2: The money demands is not the sniper, but some other wacko trying to profit off of the hysteria.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#18]
the SniperWannabee retreats like a roach into the storm drains and sewers...
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Place all gun owners in the beltway area under house arrest and monitor all of their communications. If any one of them leaves their designated areas, arrest them as suspects and demolish their homes.quote]

Imbroglio... You think you're so smart...LOL...The Feds already beat you to that one.

Just watched some TV tonight, they have a plane(s) flying over the area that is intercepting ALL cell-phone calls in the area. They are listening to ANYTHING that sounds conspiratorial...I would imagine that they are ALSO eaves-dropping on regular landlines at the moment too.

These people do NOT care about the Constitution. I dont care if it helps get the guy, they would get him sooner if they lose the monkeyfuck Moose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top