Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2001 12:02:25 PM EDT
If a person wanted to start a gun manufacturing company ....aside from monitary and sales concerns this is purly hypothetical
Is it hard (legally)
Restrictions on design, caliber type (not talking full auto here)
say if I wanted to manufacture a pump 22LR mini pistol (I dont) how much regulation is there. are there any sites that talk about this...

also how in the hell do you get a liscence to design missles or armor or whatever for the Goverment. You cant personnaly own a missle so what laws cover manufacturing and selling of weapons to and for the military....?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Good god man, what are you thinking??
Sometimes I do wish someone has said that yo me about a year ago. Ok, someone did, but I didnt listen.

Anyhow, there is a whole lot o stuff that goes with being a MFG. If far as legal stuff, start with a call to the ATF and get a license pack. It has forms and books.

Ok, designing for the military, now that is a rough one. It can be done. Contact the US Small Business Admin., they have a list of things to be invented. Some is military stuff. And you can get funding.

The whole thing of being a vendor to the government is changing. The changes are good if you are a small business, great if you are female, minority or disadvantaged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top