Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2001 6:23:39 PM EDT
This is an idea I have been kicking around in my head for quite a while now and would like some feedback.  At work we use a tool called a trakfast to shoot material to concrete and steel, it uses a butane cylinder and a rechargeable battery both good for about 1000 shots.The butane is released into a chamber where it is ignited by a spark from the battery. The explosion drives a pin into the steel or concrete. I figure if this could be used in a firearm you could carry magazines full of bullets only,no brass or powder, therefore you would be able to carry many more rounds. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Paslode nail gun. I pin the safety back and play at work. never thought of making a gun from it. Not enough velocity
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the Army toyed with artillery using a "fuel air" mixture as a propellant.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The caseless ammo system has been tried, as well as fuel/air propellant.  The propellent tank is too heavy, and you really ought to send a tracer or incendiary round thru a butane tank.... it is TRULY impressive.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top