Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/12/2001 5:23:39 PM EST
This is an idea I have been kicking around in my head for quite a while now and would like some feedback. At work we use a tool called a trakfast to shoot material to concrete and steel, it uses a butane cylinder and a rechargeable battery both good for about 1000 shots.The butane is released into a chamber where it is ignited by a spark from the battery. The explosion drives a pin into the steel or concrete. I figure if this could be used in a firearm you could carry magazines full of bullets only,no brass or powder, therefore you would be able to carry many more rounds. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:28:02 PM EST
I have a Paslode nail gun. I pin the safety back and play at work. never thought of making a gun from it. Not enough velocity
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 6:02:01 PM EST
I think the Army toyed with artillery using a "fuel air" mixture as a propellant.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 6:07:43 PM EST
The caseless ammo system has been tried, as well as fuel/air propellant. The propellent tank is too heavy, and you really ought to send a tracer or incendiary round thru a butane tank.... it is TRULY impressive.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:37:01 AM EST
Top Top