Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 5:54:25 PM EDT
I sold my road bike a few months ago and have since had a hankering to get another one. I like riding on the road but I also like riding off-road too. So, I decided on a hardtail with a front fork with lockout. I'll probably ride on the road just as much as I ride off-road. I picked up a Specialized Stumpjumper with a Manitou Skareb fork. The bike has a nice mix of components, XT rear derailleur, LX front, Avid brakes, etc. I'm a little concerned about the fork though. I've read a lot or reviews at mtbr.com and it seems like a lot of these forks crack at the arch. Answer Products has really good customer service though so I'll ride it until it cracks and then replace it. In the pic it is set up with WTB Slickasaurus tires for the road. I also have the knobbies that came with the bike for off-road.

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/Stump.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet ride.  My buddy rides a Skareb and you shouldn't have any worries.  We've been racing all spring and he's had no trouble with it and he breaks a lot of shit.  Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahh ya know spring is here when the bikes come out to play. This means campybob should be comming out of hibernation anytime now.

Now ya just gotta save your pennies and get your self a nice road bike [;D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
does it come w/ the option for a banana seat and streamers?  [;D]  nice ride bung.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top