Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2002 8:55:51 AM EDT
[b]New PeTA Hire Notorious For Promoting Violence[/b]

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PeTA) recently added an activist who has advocated arson and violence in the name of animal-rights to its payroll.

PeTA has hired Gary Yourofsky to become the organization's national lecturer. According to an open letter from Yourofsky, PeTA plans to have him tour the nation to lecture to educators and students. Yourofsky has told animal-rights supporters to, "not be afraid to condone arsons at places of animal torture." PeTA says that it intends to record one of his lectures and make it available for activists and educators across the country.

As founder of an animal-rights organization known as Animals Deserve Adequate Protection Today and Tomorrow, Yourofsky picketed businesses, chained his neck to the axle of his car, was arrested at least 10 times and spent 77 days in a maximum security detention center--all in the name of animal-rights.

The Toledo Blade recently reported that Yourofsky sports a large tattoo of himself wearing a hood and displaying the symbols of the Animal Liberation Front--an organization known by the FBI as one of the most active domestic terrorist organizations--on one of his arms.

Yourofsky also recently noted that if an "animal abuser were killed in the process of burning down a research lab, I'd unequivocally support that, too."

In related news, another animal-rights group says that Burger King's new veggie burger is not made its way.

Friends of Animals (FoA), a national animal-rights group, is complaining that Burger King's new meatless alternative is cooked on the same grill as meat and the buns on which the burgers are served contain butter--a no-no for strict vegans who consume no animal by-products.

The FoA claims that "butter comes from an industry that exploits the reproductive cycles of cows," and the exploitation of female animals is a serious concern.

PeTA activists demonstrated at a Minneapolis, Minnesota, Burger King in celebration of the new burger. And several activists, including one dressed in a cow costume carrying a sign that read, "I can live with the new BK veggie burger," visited another Burger King to advocate the new addition to the menu.

[i]Story courtesy of the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance.[/i]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Obviously, AG Ashcroft should put PETA on the terrorist watch list and bring them in before they do something :)
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#2]
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I already told my wife if I come across PETA protesting at McBarfs or any of those places, I will withdraw $100 from my checking account and pay the manager to have one of his burger flippers stand by the street and hand out $100 worth of free burgers/chick beaks/whatever...

...for the express enjoyment of antagonizing the Petanazi.

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I just implemented my new signature.

Guess that makes Gary Yourofsky & I as natural enemies.

I'm really 'ok' with that!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
As much as we all hate the tree-huggger's, I do think PETA is right-on with banning animal reasearch for medical reasons. Scientific fact that animals react much differently from humans on many different substances. Anyone who's ever read Gordon Liddy's book, "Monkey Handlers", simply cannot understand why animals are used this way.

Would anyone want their dog to have their legs broken w/o anesthetic?  Or have perfume/make-up sprayed into their eye to see what the reaction would be?

There's a middle ground with PETA, IMO.  I love eating hamburger but I see NO reason to torture animals for BS govt/medical reasons.

Let the flames begin!!!   >evil grin<
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There's a middle ground with PETA, IMO.
View Quote

There can be no middle ground with PeTA. They are extremist and a growing number of their members condone terrorism.

On thing you may not know, but the PeTA platform contains a statement that [u]they are opposed to companion animals![/u]

Both myself and the sweet calico cat on the desk next to me cannot support the removal of pets from their human caretakers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
View Quote

Yum
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As much as we all hate the tree-huggger's, I do think PETA is right-on with banning animal reasearch for medical reasons. Scientific fact that animals react much differently from humans on many different substances. Anyone who's ever read Gordon Liddy's book, "Monkey Handlers", simply cannot understand why animals are used this way.
  >evil grin<
View Quote

Well said! I couldn't agree with you more...
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
If God didn't want me to eat animals he wouldn't have made them outta MEAT!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I support wildlife conservation and treating animals with some respect, but "Animal Rights" are ubsurd. why? because animals will always be "second class". Should a dog be arrested for eating a rabbit and violating the rabbits right to live? Should a fox be executed for eating a half dozen chickens?

Why is it ok for an animal to eat animals, but not humans to eat animals, hell maybe we should have more "rights", the same rights as animals [}:D]

If "Companion animals" were outlawed, then how could you logical classify them? Though people are fond of their pets and think of them as family members, you cant lend any sort of legal status to them in this regard. What im i supposed to say if i have a dog that tears into someones trash? "well, you'll just have to take that up with fido, he's his own dog ya'know".

Besides if an animal eats another animal (a quite natural thing) is that "unethical". Why would i be "unethical" for doing the exact same thing?

PETA=nut cases.

Are you sure his name is not Gary Yoursofky?

libosaur
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top