Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/10/2009 5:11:06 AM EST
I am leaving patrol and going into a new field with our Department. I need a good external vest carrier for my soft panels. One that either has MOLLE attachments or custom made for pouches - i.e. mags, radio, etc. I also would like to be able to insert my rifle plates if possible too.

Anyone using something like this or have suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Chad
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 5:27:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2009 5:28:42 AM EST by USP45Tim]
Hi there. This is what I bought a few weeks ago from lapolicegear for $25.

5.11 Carrier

Or maybe this would suit you as well?

5.11 Vest

EDIT because I hot linking fu sucks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 6:06:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 6:19:39 PM EST
As I stated in the other thread, I've been using the Eagle Universal MOLLE carrier for the last 3 years. It has plate pockets and an adjustable panel carrier for different size ballistc panels. It does not stink due to a special material and has a very nice fit to it. I still like it but plan on buying a Mayflower Low Profile MOLLE carrier from Grey Group.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 10:23:14 AM EST
I use the second chance external assault shell. I love it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 2:13:43 PM EST
The Eagle vest looks like it would do just what I am looking for in a vest.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 3:28:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By jewmonkey:
The Eagle vest looks like it would do just what I am looking for in a vest.
Thanks.

FYI, they offer 20% discount to LE. I didn't know that when I bought mine, but I bought mine when they first came out and they were $165.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 3:44:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 9:56:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By Redbone:
As I stated in the other thread, I've been using the Eagle Universal MOLLE carrier for the last 3 years. It has plate pockets and an adjustable panel carrier for different size ballistc panels. It does not stink due to a special material and has a very nice fit to it. I still like it but plan on buying a Mayflower Low Profile MOLLE carrier from Grey Group.

Where did you purchase the Eagle vest and what price range was it?
Thanks
Chad
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 10:32:29 AM EST

Thanks
Chad

I bought mine direct from Eagle. It was when they first started making them and I paid $185 for it. You cam order them direct from their website. I had to wait a month for mine to be made but now they keep a current inventory in stock and show how many are available on their website. If you want the discount you'll need to call them since they don't answer emails.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 12:33:08 AM EST
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:34:34 PM EST

Thanks
Chad

SKD one of the hot links above ^ is where I got my Eagle Plate carrier. Fits my panels great and their customer service was outstanding. Let em know your LE they give u a bit of a hook up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 4:54:43 AM EST
Thanks Katman, I'll give them a call!
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:17:18 AM EST
You can thank me later.

The Vest Man
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:50:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By Cochese:
You can thank me later.

The Vest Man

Can you attest to the quality of these vests?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:21:18 PM EST
Safariland makes an external carrier with molle attachments. Very sturdy build quality. I'd post a link but i'm on my cell. Search for 'safariland raid vest' around $200.

Dave

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:24:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By dhd1:
Safariland makes an external carrier with molle attachments. Very sturdy build quality. I'd post a link but i'm on my cell. Search for 'safariland raid vest' around $200.

Dave
http://www.chiefsupply.com/Law_Enforcement/Body_Armor/Concealable_Body_Armor/BAA229

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:44:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By USP45Tim:
Hi there. This is what I bought a few weeks ago from lapolicegear for $25.

5.11 Carrier

I've seen these on LAPG, but I didn't think it would hold the panels from my Second Chance concealable vest. Would it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:37:26 PM EST

Dave
http://www.chiefsupply.com/Law_Enforcement/Body_Armor/Concealable_Body_Armor/BAA229

Does this vest have a pouch to carry rifle plates? The vest looks really well made and I have been happy with everything else that I have owned from Safariland.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:34:45 PM EST
Don't think it has internal pockets in the front for a plate. The rear has a large pocket that is intended for a hydration pouch, but I imagine could double as a plate pocket. I'm a pretty decent sized guy and I wear a large btw. (6'2" 225lbs 44 inch chest)

Top Top