Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2009 6:11:06 AM EDT
I am leaving patrol and going into a new field with our Department.  I need a good external vest carrier for my soft panels.  One that either has MOLLE attachments or custom made for pouches - i.e. mags, radio, etc.  I also would like to be able to insert my rifle plates if possible too.  

Anyone using something like this or have suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Chad
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi there. This is what I bought a few weeks ago from lapolicegear for $25.

5.11 Carrier

Or maybe this would suit you as well?

5.11 Vest

EDIT because I hot linking fu sucks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
As I stated in the other thread, I've been using the Eagle Universal MOLLE carrier for the last 3 years. It has plate pockets and an adjustable panel carrier for different size ballistc panels. It does not stink due to a special material and has a very nice fit to it. I still like it but plan on buying a Mayflower Low Profile MOLLE carrier from Grey Group.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the second chance external assault shell. I love it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The Eagle vest looks like it would do just what I am looking for in a vest.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Eagle vest looks like it would do just what I am looking for in a vest.
Thanks.

FYI, they offer 20% discount to LE. I didn't know that when I bought mine, but I bought mine when they first came out and they were $165.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As I stated in the other thread, I've been using the Eagle Universal MOLLE carrier for the last 3 years. It has plate pockets and an adjustable panel carrier for different size ballistc panels. It does not stink due to a special material and has a very nice fit to it. I still like it but plan on buying a Mayflower Low Profile MOLLE carrier from Grey Group.

Where did you purchase the Eagle vest and what price range was it?
Thanks
Chad
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Chad

I bought mine direct from Eagle. It was when they first started making them and I paid $185 for it. You cam order them direct from their website. I had to wait a month for mine to be made but now they keep a current inventory in stock and show how many are available on their website. If you want the discount you'll need to call them since they don't answer emails.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 1:33:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Chad

SKD one of the hot links above ^ is where I got my Eagle Plate carrier.  Fits my panels great and their customer service was outstanding.  Let em know your LE they give u a bit of a hook up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Katman, I'll give them a call!
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#13]
You can thank me later.

The Vest Man
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You can thank me later.

The Vest Man

Can you attest to the quality of these vests?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Safariland makes an external carrier with molle attachments. Very sturdy build quality. I'd post a link but i'm on my cell. Search for 'safariland raid vest' around $200.

Dave

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Safariland makes an external carrier with molle attachments. Very sturdy build quality. I'd post a link but i'm on my cell. Search for 'safariland raid vest' around $200.

Dave
http://www.chiefsupply.com/Law_Enforcement/Body_Armor/Concealable_Body_Armor/BAA229

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hi there. This is what I bought a few weeks ago from lapolicegear for $25.

5.11 Carrier

I've seen these on LAPG, but I didn't think it would hold the panels from my Second Chance concealable vest.  Would it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave
http://www.chiefsupply.com/Law_Enforcement/Body_Armor/Concealable_Body_Armor/BAA229

Does this vest have a pouch to carry rifle plates?  The vest looks really well made and I have been happy with everything else that I have owned from Safariland.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't think it has internal pockets in the front for a plate. The rear has a large pocket that is intended for a hydration pouch, but I imagine could double as a plate pocket. I'm a pretty decent sized guy and I wear a large btw. (6'2" 225lbs 44 inch chest)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top