Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2002 9:48:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone not asked the Dems how these thugs are getting all of their guns since the Brady Law stops 400,000 felons a year from buying??????  (sarcasm)
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
And it's just going to get "better". Cops are retiring like crazy because of all the spectacular overtime from Ground Zero this past year, recruitment sucks because who want's to take a job that pays this well! So there really is no backfill for the veteran cops that are leaving.

"This year, 14 people have been shot in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. An additional 24 were gunned down in Manhattan's Washington Heights. Fifteen were shot in the South Bronx."   ...typical, these neighborhoods are bad to begin with but at least were semi-under control when we had a sh!tload of cops on patrol, now that the #'s on actual patrol is down see how these places become a shooting gallery!

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#8]
The $1000 reward isn't even being paid by the city. The Police Foundation is picking up the tab. They also run the tip line I believe. They are a non-profit org...they probably do this in exchange for carry permits...

Ironic isn't it.

-Manhattan23
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You should run for City Council, Ray.
View Quote

Is the pay better? Is there a High CDI(Chicks Dig It) factor?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
LOL, No F-ing Idea.  But you might have a chance of injecting what little common sense they will permit into the political mix.
All things being equal, I dig you. [;D]
View Quote

Oh crap! I have common sense...I'm disqualified from political service already!
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Kelly also said he is looking to rejuvenate a stalled gun buyback program that gives people who are illegally carrying handguns a chance to turn in their weapons for a small payout without facing arrest.
View Quote

Yeah, I would sure turn in my $700+ pistol, for the $25-$50 they are likely to be giving. Or, if I was really that concearned with the legality of carrying it, I could just stop carriying it and carry it to the range when I wanted to shoot it. Or are handguns alltogether illegal in NYC? (I don't know, I live in TX)

GOD BLESSED TEXAS!!!!!!!!!

and aparrently said "f@ck the rest of those idiots."
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Kelly also said he is looking to rejuvenate a stalled gun buyback program that gives people who are illegally carrying handguns a chance to turn in their weapons for a small payout without facing arrest.
View Quote

Yeah, I would sure turn in my $700+ pistol, for the $25-$50 they are likely to be giving. Or, if I was really that concearned with the legality of carrying it, I could just stop carriying it and carry it to the range when I wanted to shoot it. Or are handguns alltogether illegal in NYC? (I don't know, I live in TX)

GOD BLESSED TEXAS!!!!!!!!!

and aparrently said "f@ck the rest of those idiots."
View Quote

Do you really think people are turning in Kimbers? I wish[}:D] More like Lorcins and Ravens.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#16]
No I don't think that they are turning in Kimbers, that would be silly.

Stupidity amuses me, and this just strikes me as stupid, the REAL criminals aren't gonna be turning in the "gat" anytime soon, just the bums who find the discarded weapon in the alley after it was used in a mugging.

Not intending to come at you on this one, just really frustrated today, and this caught my eye.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 2:48:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone not asked the Dems how these thugs are getting all of their guns since the Brady Law stops 400,000 felons a year from buying??????  (sarcasm)
View Quote
Yes.  They come from Virginia.
View Quote

And Georgia.  The Feds(ATF...)took down some students at a college here in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago for buying handguns for resale up north ("where they are banned" according to the airhead TV...).
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Oh crap! I have common sense...I'm disqualified from political service already!
View Quote

You know how to tell an even minded politician?

They drool out of both sides of their mouth....

SRM
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:12:07 AM EDT
[#20]
The only people who carry firearms in NYC are the wealthy/influential and the crooks (I know it's hard to distinguish).
In the evening, the wealthy/influential are all back in the 'burbs throwing back some martini's. That leaves the crooks open to prey upon the unarmed.
"I live in the city and I'm worried about the safety of my family, may I get a permit?"   NO

"I'm a business owner with more money than God, a vacation home in Aspen, and work a few hours in the city. I'm worried that someone might try and take my Jaguar, may I get a permit?"  YES

It's called Elitism.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's called Elitism.
View Quote

Like that doesn't happen anywhere else?
Go get the keys to my Porsche I want to shoot at the range...
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#23]
You should see what they got last time they did this. They gave $500.00 for guns and rifles that could never be used. A C&R dealer would have had a field day. This is what you all do, send me all the guns and rifles that are POS. I will turn them in and give you a % of it.

The $1000.00 is if the gun leads to a Felon. This time around they are not just giving $$$$$$ out. So if you don't like someone let me know. We could also work a deal out on that. Framed who I didn't frame anyone. He did commit that violent crime with that gun that doesn’t work.

Me and Waverunner know the deal. Another Mayor same old problems and answers to them. This administration is trying to look like they are doing something FOR THE PEOPLE. The cuts to PD, FDNY, Education and Sanitation will be implemented. The Newspapers will get on Bloombergs case. Someone will die because a LEO or Ambulance can't get there. A rat will bite a kid and a major lawsuit will change it back.

Us New Yorkers go through this every time a new mayor takes office. Problem is this new guy isn’t going to accomplish anything. He hasn’t got any BALLS.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:Yes.  They come from Virginia.
View Quote

Not with VA's gun-a-month club.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#26]
What price are they offering?  I'll bid $20 over and make some quick PPTs.

This sounds cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top