Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:26:03 PM EDT
this happens virtually EVERY election in NY, regardless of race, position, political leaning, etc....

Upstate votes..... 50+ counties.

Then the 4 NYC counties vote....

And the 4 NYC counties outweigh the rest....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:28:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:29:07 PM EDT
I feel bad for upstate NY voters, the city literally shits on them every election and pushes their bullshit free reign. Between them and rural Californians i don't know who has it the shittiest.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:29:21 PM EDT
Sorry Mr. Sanders, that's how our system works.  Representation based on population, not number of counties.  That's why Chi-raq outweighs the rest of the state of Illinois...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:30:07 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this happens virtually EVERY election in NY, regardless of race, position, political leaning, etc....

View Quote

Ayep.  And people get upset as the separation movement is gaining speed.  Sure, upstate might not have as much revenue as it does now, but at least we'd have a say in our own government.  Not that the split would ever happen, it would require the legislature to act in the interest of the people....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:30:24 PM EDT
Quoted:
I feel bad for upstate NY voters, the city literally shits on them every election and pushes their bullshit free reign. Between them and rural Californians i don't know who has it the shittiest.
View Quote

Consider it "tied for first", because both get shit on heavily.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:30:54 PM EDT

The same thing happens here in WA, The majority of the state (geographically) will vote Republican, but King county (Seattle) has all the votes and the Democrat wins every time. (yes I'm aware this is the primaries, not rep v dem)
I'm sure this is the case in may states where much of the state is sparsely populated; with one or two major metropolitan areas, chock full of FSA and idiots that love to tax themselves. Nevermind the rest of the state is not interested in their special interest bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:35:53 PM EDT
The elections should be changed to one delegate per county.
The number of people in each county should not be a factor.
That would give everyone equal footing, and keep the cities from controlling the whole state.
I know it will never happen though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:43:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:43:41 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote

Reynolds v Simms is a motherfucker.

Except for Primaries. The parties can do whatever they want then.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:51:47 PM EDT
Quoted:
I feel bad for upstate NY voters, the city literally shits on them every election and pushes their bullshit free reign.
View Quote

Last time I checked 2 years ago Upstate had more registered voters than NYC and Long Island.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:57:12 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote

That's how we lost the governor's race to Cumhole, 57 counties voted Astorino and the city and one upstate county voted blue.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:59:55 PM EDT
Quoted:

That's how we lost the governor's race to Cumhole, 57 counties voted Astorino and the city and one upstate county voted blue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

8 upstate counties voted blue.
Erie
Clinton
Franklin
Essex
Onondoga
Tompkins
Albany
Broome

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:05:19 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote

<snip>

Remembered the wrong map.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:06:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:14:02 PM EDT

Quoted:

Buffalo, Albany Syracuse and Binghamton are those blue counties, except for those weird fucks up in Plattsburgh who are probably all prison guards or who knows what?  Oh and Ithaca,  Upstate's Berkeley. Surprised Monroe/Rochester did not go blue, they have a blood soaked ghetto that puts the other upstate shithole cities to shame.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

8 upstate counties voted blue.

Erie

Clinton

Franklin

Essex

Onondoga

Tompkins

Albany

Broome

http://i.imgur.com/tAb3EMf.png
Buffalo, Albany Syracuse and Binghamton are those blue counties, except for those weird fucks up in Plattsburgh who are probably all prison guards or who knows what?  Oh and Ithaca,  Upstate's Berkeley. Surprised Monroe/Rochester did not go blue, they have a blood soaked ghetto that puts the other upstate shithole cities to shame.  
Is Rochester worse than Buffalo? Syracuse is getting dumpier by the year too....I used to live in Victor...so I have no idea.   I now live in Chemung county, uphill from Helmira so my closest comparison is West Virgina....or maybe Best Korea.

I'm getting closer to the boarder....on top of the right hill I can see freedom.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:19:12 PM EDT
Quoted:
Buffalo, Albany Syracuse and Binghamton are those blue counties, except for those weird fucks up in Plattsburgh who are probably all prison guards or who knows what?
View Quote

Is that why it always goes blue there? I always wondered about that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:26:41 PM EDT
What difference does it make how many counties he won?  If that means something, then expand that thinking to the actual presidential election.  Look at the map with alllll the red counties and a few blue... Republicans win every presidential election.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:37:09 PM EDT
There are a lot of folks on the gov't teat up this way.  The running joke in Franklin County is that 9 mos after the county fair there's a whole new batch of welfare babies, but unfortunately there's some truth to it.  There're a lot of seasonal workers too, they just want to work long enough so they can collect unemployment the rest of the year
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:25:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:29:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:30:45 PM EDT
Cruzbots rejoice!
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.