Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/17/2015 4:45:42 PM EST
http://news.yahoo.com/york-city-jail-guards-hired-despite-gang-ties-152059005.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than one-third of jail guards recently hired by the New York City Department of Correction had problems including gang affiliations, criminal histories and significant psychological problems, the city Department of Investigation said on Thursday.

In a review of more than 150 recent applicants, the department found red flags that should have disqualified more than a third of them from policing the problem-plagued city jails or, at the very least, prompted further review, the report said. Instead, all were hired.

Investigators found hiring practices in such disarray that staff in charge could not decipher the applicant evaluation system, which used a scale of 1 to 5, saying they were not sure whether a 1 or a 5 was the best score.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:51:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:53:24 PM EST
Meh. Saves time and training costs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:07:12 PM EST
Corrections. 'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:17:54 PM EST
Background investigations on done half-assed for the most part when it comes to hiring jailers. A few years ago Dallas County Sheriff's Department had an illegal immigrant working for them for a few years as a jailer. It was revealed when they conducted a FULL background check when she applied to be promoted to Deputy Sheriff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:57:28 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tsay86:
Background investigations on done half-assed for the most part when it comes to hiring jailers. A few years ago Dallas County Sheriff's Department had an illegal immigrant working for them for a few years as a jailer. It was revealed when they conducted a FULL background check when she applied to be promoted to Deputy Sheriff.
View Quote

My background investigation was wrapped up over 2 years after I was hired.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:59:07 PM EST
I think we all know what this is about.
Top Top