Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:01:42 PM EDT
Not what you think it would say..

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0104.pdf

I searched on here and didn't find a single thread about it so I figured I would post it up.  I like where this is going or at least how it is worded.  Will probably end up like that Montana NFA law though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You're going to get flamed from the regular crowd telling you how futile and stupid those bills are.  Those same small minds would have told the founding fathers that forming their little continental congress was stupid because it violated British law.

Firearms Freedom acts are an important part of reclaiming states' rights from the federal government and pushing back against the abuses of the commerce clause.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]

GOOD JOB WYOMING!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Great.  Is this going to go through?

also: tried to make link hot, but got denied.  Sup with that?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Hotlink for mobil users?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
WY is looking better and better each day...
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You're going to get flamed from the regular crowd telling you how futile and stupid those bills are.  Those same small minds would have told the founding fathers that forming their little continental congress was stupid because it violated British law.

Firearms Freedom acts are an important part of reclaiming states' rights from the federal government and pushing back against the abuses of the commerce clause.

I didn't think about them flaming for that but personally I don't give a shit what those people say.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Passed this along to my state rep here in SC
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell yeah - go Wyoming!

This is what it is going to take - it is officially a culture war and we have to start drawing the lines on the map, state by state.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I love this state.. Just need to get the Dakotas and Montana, Idaho, Texas, OK, AZ, and the other tuff states to push for the same thing..
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love this state.. Just need to get the Dakotas and Montana, Idaho, Texas, OK, AZ, and the other tuff states to push for the same thing..

Word.

God, I love this State!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck Yes!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Holy crap.  *calls Uhaul*
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#16]
It has nothing to do with the liberal hate speech term "AWB."

It is a Firearm Protection Act.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Sending to my local pro gun rep for copypasta
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I'M IN!!!!  Game on.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#19]
... sweet
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#20]
cliffs?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#21]
That's awesome!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Amen to that. Still waiting to see how our, Louisiana, "strict scrunity" amendment that overwhelming passed in November will protect us from the retards in Washington. I like this one better though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Sponsored By: Representative(s) Kroeker, Baker, Burkhart, Jaggi, Miller, Piiparinen, Reeder and Winters and Senator(s) Dockstader and Hicks

]AN ACT relating to firearms; providing that any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming; providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Awesome, do you have room for a freedom loving Republican formerly from New York State?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#27]
More freedom is never a bad thing.

Did you see the penalty for an official trying to enforce an AWB?  Felony!  Good for WY!

Quoted:
STATE OF WYOMING

13LSO-0426
1 HB0104
HOUSE BILL NO. HB0104

Firearm Protection Act.

Sponsored by: Representative(s) Kroeker, Baker, Burkhart,
Jaggi, Miller, Piiparinen, Reeder and
Winters and Senator(s) Dockstader and Hicks

A BILL
for
AN ACT relating to firearms; providing that any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming; providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.

Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Wyoming:

Section 1. W.S. 6-8-405 is amended to read:

6-8-405. Offenses and penalties; defense of Wyoming citizens.

(a) No public servant as defined in W.S. 6-5-101, or dealer selling any firearm in this state shall enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United States government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.

(b) Any official, agent or employee of the United States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty of a misdemeanor felony and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not more less than one (1) year and one (1) day or more than five (5) years, a fine of not more than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

(c) The attorney general may defend a citizen of Wyoming who is prosecuted by the United States government for violation of a federal law relating to the manufacture, sale, transfer or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition owned or manufactured and retained exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.

(d) Any federal law, rule, regulation or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable within the borders of Wyoming if the law, rule, regulation or order attempts to:

(i) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi - automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
(ii) Require any firearm, magazine or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.

Section 2. This act is effective immediately upon completion of all acts necessary for a bill to become law as provided by Article 4, Section 8 of the Wyoming Constitution.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Emailed my rep, we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Holy crap, I might move to Wyoming.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I love it.  Sent my state rep the link to, asking the same be done here.  Depending on how things go, I may be looking for a home out west.  If you all would have me, of course.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Brace for mass exodus of fat dudes and basement dwellers. Myself included.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Has any other state tried something like this before?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Hell yeah, will they take a NY transplant?  Seeing as how NY's gone off the deep end
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
WY is looking better and better each day...

Just read the bill, and if real:  Holy shit-snacks!!  If that's enacted, the population of Wyoming is gonna increase a lot.  The wife and I were planning on seeing Yellowstone this year.  First time for both.  Maybe I'll grab a real estate brochure (yeah, I know all that shit is online now).  We've both wanted to go west (not Cali obviously).

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hell yeah, will they take a NY transplant?  Seeing as how NY's gone off the deep end

That ship sailed a long time ago.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Awesome, do you have room for a freedom loving Republican formerly from New York State?

Yup!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Last hard core repub I met from NY came west to ID and realized he was to the left of most local dems!

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Jesus H you almost gave me a heart attack.  I read the title and thought WY was trying to introduce its own AWB like IL or NY.

But...my WY didn't fail me :)  I love my MT and WY :D

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Good luck Wyoming. They also pushed for a bill that would allow them their own aircraft carrier. I hope this bill has better luck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You're going to get flamed from the regular crowd telling you how futile and stupid those bills are.

Not by me.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Come one, come all, but don't bring any of your Bull Shit  ideas with you....  ((Whiny voice)) I don't like mining, or drilling for oil or fracking or ranching, and solar power is a great idea.

We mine coal, drill for oil and natural gas, log, ranch and other manly things.  If you don't like those things and are against them, stay the fuck out.  If you are a solid citizen and don't mind a little wind, come on over!

Oh, yeah... We like guns too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Keep in mind it was below zero all last week!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#43]
That looks like the wind sock at the Cheyenne airport. If this works,  but it won't, I only have to move about 40 minutes north!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Contacted my state senator and rep to see if they would consider filing legislation like this!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Good luck Wyoming. They also pushed for a bill that would allow them their own aircraft carrier. I hope this bill has better luck.

Meh, not really.

Yeah, the aircraft carrier was in the proposed legislation, but the reason it was requested was to draw attention to reckless
Federal spending, pork, budget deficits, the national debt, etc.

You should have seen the comments posted all over the Internet by folks who thought our legislators were being serious. Or maybe
you did? Absolutely grade A classic.

EDIT: It was 31 degrees when I got up this morning at 7:00am. Exactly a week ago it was -28 when I left the house for work!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Holy crap.  *calls Uhaul*

Has me tempted.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I love it.  Sent my state rep the link to, asking the same be done here.  Depending on how things go, I may be looking for a home out west.  If you all would have me, of course.

This is what we need to do, guys.  Send your state reps specific examples of what we want.  We all know that sometimes all it takes is for one state to grow some balls, and others fall in line.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Any jobs out there?  I may consider it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Any jobs out there?  I may consider it.

Yes, see goldenbelts post above
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#50]
I hope it goes. WY might end up being our last stand...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top