Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2004 2:19:42 PM EST
Well the thrust bearing knock in my old beater '86 TA finally developed to point that I don't trust it. So the wife tells me to go find myself a winter beater. I'm now a member of the JEEP owner's club. Found a 1999 Cherokee Classic, the only problem it's too clean for a beater. High miles, all highway, but the thing is cherry! 4.0L, AW-4, air, cruise, keyless and so on. Was looking for a stick but when I drove it the tranny shifted so good, I couldn't resist. After we test drove it, the wife asks if I want it, I say "sure", she pulls out her checkbook and I drive it home. Gotta love that woman!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:41:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 2:42:10 PM EST by warhound]
Carefull, there are more after market parts for a jeep than an Ar-15. It is a sicknessP oket
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:35:53 PM EST
Cherokees are great, I picked up a 2000 in April. The things are so manuverable and the pick-up with the 4.0 liter is fantastic. The gas mileage does suck - best I've gotten was on a trip with 90% highway and I got 19 mpg. Usually it's closer to 14mpg.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:27:10 AM EST
So how much did you get it for?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:28:27 AM EST
Man, the concept of having to have an entirely different vehicle for the winter is just so foreign down here. I drive the same car on the same tires year round...

Good luck with the Jeep, tho. Someday I might have to get one as a toy...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:29:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
Man, the concept of having to have an entirely different vehicle for the winter is just so foreign down here. I drive the same car on the same tires year round...

Good luck with the Jeep, tho. Someday I might have to get one as a toy...

That's what I was thinking.

Snow is God's way of telling you to MOVE!!!!!!!!!

Sgtar15
Top Top