Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 3:19:42 PM EDT
Well the thrust bearing knock in my old beater '86 TA finally developed to point that I don't trust it. So the wife tells me to go find myself a winter beater. I'm now a member of the JEEP owner's club. Found a 1999 Cherokee Classic, the only problem it's too clean for a beater. High miles, all highway, but the thing is cherry! 4.0L, AW-4, air, cruise, keyless and so on. Was looking for a stick but when I drove it the tranny shifted so good, I couldn't resist. After we test drove it, the wife asks if I want it, I say "sure", she pulls out her checkbook and I drive it home. Gotta love that woman!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Carefull, there are more after market parts for  a jeep than an Ar-15. It is a sicknessP oket
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Cherokees are great, I picked up a 2000 in April.  The things are so manuverable and the pick-up with the 4.0 liter is fantastic.  The gas mileage does suck - best I've gotten was on a trip with 90% highway and I got 19 mpg.  Usually it's closer to 14mpg.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
So how much did you get it for?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, the concept of having to have an entirely different vehicle for the winter is just so foreign down here.  I drive the same car on the same tires year round...  

Good luck with the Jeep, tho.  Someday I might have to get one as a toy...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Man, the concept of having to have an entirely different vehicle for the winter is just so foreign down here.  I drive the same car on the same tires year round...  

Good luck with the Jeep, tho.  Someday I might have to get one as a toy...

That's what I was thinking.

Snow is God's way of telling you to MOVE!!!!!!!!!

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top