Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 6:49:42 PM EDT

New Update on SSG Jarrett Jongema:

His condition continues to improve daily. He is now out of ICU and in a room with a phone. We talk to him daily. His stitches have been removed from the face and neck and he has been walking with the aid of a walker. He no longer has double vision and his voice is not as raspy.  His right arm has been placed in a brace because he is unable to have full movement due to the shrapnel wounds he received in his right arm & chest. Further surgery is planned for the chest wound in about a month.  The 5 shrapnel wounds on his back right shoulder are still open and being packed. His left leg is in a soft cast because of the stitches that were required to close the compound fracture wound.

The Army doctors continue to be amazed at his recovery considering what he went through. He may be moved to Brooks Army Medical Center (BAMC) this weekend. He is eating better, gaining some weight back.  He wanted me to thank everyone from AR15.com for all of their prayers and thoughts of well wishes. He still has a long recovery ahead him and he will get better day by day with our help.

Ronnie Jongema
A Blue Star Father

We Honor

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
outstanding news!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Still Praying for SSG Jongema! Glad to hear that things are moving in a positive direction!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the update!

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome news!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers answered! Glad to hear the news.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#7]
along with this update, Jarrett's dad also sent me an email entitled"  a better use for a peace symbol"

it was eladeflow shooting an uzi i believe, wearing dvdtrackers "peace through superior firepower" shirt!!!!!!!!!!

now how cool is that?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
SSG Jongema appears to have a postive future.  

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#9]
linky to original thread?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:24:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Excellent News.

Thanks for the update TexRdnec.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#12]
my yahoo messenger conversation with Jarrett's dad, edited for brevity:

sman_49: Hey TX, how ya doin? Ronnie Jongema here (SSG Jarrett Jongema's father aka Blue Star Father), I just got off the phone with Jarrett and he's being Aerovac'd to San Antonio tomorrow
BUZZ!!!
texrdnec: great news!!!!!
sman_49: He should be there some time tomorrow afternoon
edit, small talk about the rifle
sman_49: maybe i could take a digital pix to show him
sman_49: what would be agood time
texrdnec: absolutely, if you'll hold on a minute i have a picture of the identical rifle and i'll show you what it looks like right now...........
texrdnec: http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/Images/bcwa3f16m4.jpg
texrdnec: that is exactly which rifle we bought him
personal contact info edited out
texrdnec: so what do you think of the rifle?
sman_49: see you around noon
sman_49: counld't see the pix
texrdnec: we also have $400 for accessories....................and if we get enough more we can outfit it with optics as well as magazines and ammo
texrdnec: http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/Images/bcwa3f16m4.jpg
texrdnec: hmmm, link works for me, not sure what the deal is...........
sman_49: that's great, he's really excited about it
sman_49: by the way he is ambidexterious so he'll be able to shoot left handed till he shoot with the right
texrdnec: even better!!!  sooner he can enjoy the rifle the better...............any idea how long he will be in san antonio before coming home?
sman_49: he got quite a bit of experience in Iraq shooting AQ with his left hand
sman_49: maybe 2 months
sman_49: ment to say AK not AQ
texrdnec: i contacted VFW 3837 as well, here in calallen and they said they would be more than happy to have a rifle presentation ceremony for Jarrett IF yall would like that, but it is completely up to yall
sman_49: did you have a chance to post the update?
texrdnec: absolutely did
sman_49: sounds great
sman_49: i'll tell him
texrdnec: and i'll make sure and add to it that he's coming to san antonio tomorrow
sman_49: thank you
texrdnec: nope, thanks to Jarrett!!!
texrdnec: look forward to meeting you tomorrow
texrdnec: military won't take me............(asthma)..............so somebody has to do it for me!!!
sman_49: your right, thanks to all those who serve
sman_49: asthma, take care of your self
texrdnec: http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=283264&page=1
texrdnec: there is a link to a thread naming all current donors to Jarretts rifle..................
sman_49: got the link rifle looks great
texrdnec: the last i sent was naming all the people on ARFCOM that contributed to it so far
texrdnec: more to come im certain
texrdnec: BTW, have to ask you, that other email you sent me, "better use of a peace sign" or some such............where did you get that picture?
sman_49: by the way I have an Olympic AR and I want to get a flash hider for it I'll bring it along tomorrow if you don't mind taking a look at it for me?
texrdnec: sure, i'll give it a look
sman_49: a frind of mine sent it to me, in a email with abunch of Kerry humor
texrdnec: LOL, that is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
texrdnec: the maker of that T-shirt is an ARFCOM member that contributed to Jarretts rifle fund!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sman_49: I got tons of anti Kerry stuff ...you want some
texrdnec: AND, the wearer of the shirt is an ARFCOM member that sai he WILL be contributing to Jarretts rifle fund!!!!!
sman_49: tell them thank you for both of us
sman_49: i think the shirt is great
texrdnec: i certainly will.....................you can buy those items at www.lifelibertyetc.com%2c it's DVDTrackers website (he contributed)
texrdnec: sorry, www.lifelibertyetc.com
sman_49: I'm gonna get a couple
sman_49: see you tomorrow, got to go
texrdnec: and the redheaded step-child wearing the t-shirt is EladEflow who is every bit of 15 years old and contributing to Jarretts fund as soon as he sells a rifle of his!
texrdnec: talk to you then, glad to hear Jarrett is doing well!
sman_49: thanks again
Yahoo! Messenger:  sman_49 has logged out. (10/12/2004 7:45 PM)

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]
bumped
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Hurrah for the nation who has such heroes for sons.  Ops
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#15]
that's a fact ops................and i've never even met SSG. Jongema....................i look forward to it VERY much so, i want to shake his hand

his dad is a vet, Marine too, i get to meet him tomorrow, looking very forward to that as well
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Great news! Thank you for the update.Tell his Dad and him when you meet them that we all said hello and welcome back!Take care.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Find out what size t-shirt he wears and I'll donate a few.

and i hope you don't mind DVD, when he comes by today im gonna give him that koozie that you sent to me.  i think i can go koozieless until this friday for a good cause!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top