Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/21/2002 3:43:24 PM EDT
Has anyone seen a new woodland style camo that the army or marines are using?  I saw some gentlemen doing some work for Gm while at lunch about a month ago and saw it again on a CBC show so the Canadians must be using it also??  Is it available to the public??  Looks like just the ticket for playing paintball.  Cya.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone of course will tell you to go see your recruiter... ack

But, No. Although there are some good knockoffs starting to emerge. Maybe someone can post a link to a source, I lost mine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
not for you peasant
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The new USMC cammies are not available to civilians, in fact the pattern has been patented.  Why not use the regular cammies if you're going to play soldier.  It would probably be unwise to be the guy found wearing those new cammies by Marines who earned the right to wear them.

I used to see girls wearing Alpha blouses as jackets in college (EGA' and all), pissed me off to no end.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/oneshot1kill%2FUSMC%5FUniform%5FEmblem%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The new USMC cammies are not available to civilians, in fact the pattern has been patented.  Why not use the regular cammies if you're going to play soldier.  It would probably be unwise to be the guy found wearing those new cammies by Marines who earned the right to wear them.

I used to see girls wearing Alpha blouses as jackets in college (EGA' and all), pissed me off to no end.
View Quote

Here we go again, and I was looking for dvldog to jump all over this one and it's patented nonsense.

A quick search for MARPAT on eBay turned up a whole page full of hits. It looks like they've even got the name tape.

It's costly now, but it's only a matter of time before it's in the Army/Navy store like everything else.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#9]
i stand corrected

[url]http://majorsurplusnsurvival.com/cgi/webc.cgi/store/st_prod.html?p_prodid=2053985&sid=8NxGfR0Ws4uf88V[/url]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#10]
The real thing is not available unless your daughter works at a marine Corps BX and is dating a jarhead.Not that I am speaking from personnel experience!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Look on the page where it says:

"Note: These garments are not government issue, but are manufactured by a military clothing supplier."

These are knock-offs, just like those Bolex watches for sale at flea markets.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought the deal was goverment suppliers were allowed to sell to the general public if they "accidently" had made too many uniforms for the order.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#14]
From eBay:

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Ponyboy%2Fcamo%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Why a digital pattern?  Does it disrupt nite vision?  I have seen some camo with a grid pattern that is supposed to do that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#17]
That's what I want to know.

Why is a pixilated version of the camo pattern better?

Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#18]
IIRC, the Marines are still in the process of delivering the camo to their troops.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#19]
MARPAT is trademark/copyright by the USMC. I imagine that they grant to contractors a royalty-free license to produce MARPAT uniforms, provided the contractors agree to certain terms like no bulk sales to commercial distributors. No doubt some enterprising Marines are picking up extra pairs at the exchange and turning them over on EBay.

There are some commercial knockoffs that resemble MARPAT but don't copy it exactly. See [url]http://www.mcaroy.com/cadpat.htm[/url] for some good shots of MARPAT and CADPAT, the Canadian version.

Wear whatever you want but personally, if ya wanna look like a Marine, join up!

JScott, who did his time in BDUs, thankyouverymuch

EDIT to correct URL link (stoopid board code...)
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Exactly...

I also want to know why its so much better.
Because the marines use it?

IMO I could also run around town with the new camo on. Who cares if it pisses someone off?
No I don't currently have any nor will I buy any unless I change my mind that its better than any other current Mil or civilian camo on the market.
I didn't think that the clothes made the marine but I guess that's not the case.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey I'm not trying to play Marine or anything else.  I'm not pretending that paintball is anything like real combat.  If you ever played it you'd know that.  It's a fucking game plain and simple.  I enjoy the competiton.  I saw that camo and immediately thought it was striking and efective looking.  I'm sorry if my wanting to have it for paintball was insulting to some.  I guess according to you "higher than thoughs" only people who served can only wear a US armed forces camo??  Get a life.  

PS thanks to all that helped me out.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll stick to wearing my tigerstripes, thank you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Those items for sale by Major Surplus are BDU style clothing in MARPAT, they are not the MCCUU.  The MCCUU can be bought on Ebay at about 4-5 times the cost they go for in the Marine Clothing sales, the way most Marines look at it those that are for sale are by Marines who value the money more than their integrity. There are not enough sets for active duty Marines, but someone who was able to buy them decides to sell them to a civilian, not the type of Marine I wouldn't want under my command.

Rob the digital pattern is designed to work against the way human detect targets, it makes one negative space instead of positive (the way most cammo works).  It basically tricks the mind into thinking there is nothing there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#24]
... I bought a pair of MARPAT trousers made in USA at Larada's in Mesa.

Not sure if they're real (they have the NATO) tag in them. I thought they look cool.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#25]
MCCUUs are made by Propper.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I can see how a slight "pixelated" effect would help with camouflaging - it would serve to break up the remaining clear boundaries as found in the typical "splotch" pattern as used in Woodland, Urban, and Marine cam.

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing MARPAT variations in Arctic, Urban, and Blackout?

FFZ
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#27]
[url=http://www.mcaroy.com/cadpat.htm]http://www.mcaroy.com/cadpat.htm[/url]

i stumbled upon that yesterday.  don't remember how, but it's a pretty neat site about MARPAT and CADPAT (the canuck version).  includes urban, desert, and nighttime patterns, as well as a civvie reproduction that looks prety good

edit: activated link ... keep forgetting to do that
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Give me a f'in break!  Earned the right?  It's clothing!  I can understand getting pissed at someone wearing metals they didn't earn or something like that.  But cammos?  You sound like you think you're better than civilians.  Not everyone is cut out or even wants to be a Marine.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not everyone is cut out or even wants to be a Marine.

USPC40
View Quote

Exactly, so why wear my uniform?

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not everyone is cut out or even wants to be a Marine.

USPC40
View Quote

Exactly, so why wear my uniform?

View Quote

Because I'm modest.  [8)]  Actually, I have no wish to wear your uniform.  I can pay for my own thank you!  Am I allowed to shoot my AR15 because the US military uses that too? [>:/] As a member of the civilian militia, why can't I have the same advantages as the military?  You and USMC2111 sound like JBTs in training.

USPC40

[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:14:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Why can't we serfs get them direct?

We paid for their development.
We're paying for their production.
We're paying for their distribution.

Why should any US citizen pay for surplus?

Forget it.  I'll go to TAPCO and get one of those East German utility vests instead.  It'll be more appropriate to the level of freedom in this country.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:24:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Because they are uniforms of US Marines, not militia or what every you think you are.  If you want to be a Marine and look like a Marine earn the title, if not you wouldn't understand.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:27:05 AM EDT
[#33]
back when i played paintball regularly, my 'team' used to show up in hawaiian shirts, just to poke fun at the hardcore cammo crowd.  now, when i say hardcore, i mean full matched woodland BDUs, head/face netting, and even a few ghille suits.  trust me, nothing will piss off an autococker-toting sponsored team like getting beat by four hung-over jerks who are sporting hyacinths as camoflage.  we even wore leis from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:31:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Because they are uniforms of US Marines, not militia or what every you think you are.  If you want to be a Marine and look like a Marine earn the title, if not you wouldn't understand.  
View Quote

OK JBT.  Thanks for clearing that up. [rolleyes] "not militia or what every you think you are"??? Try reading the US Constitution you vowed to protect sometime.  Specifically the part called the 2nd Amendment.

USPC40

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#35]
What ever, the second amendment doesn't define the militia, if it did we wouldn't have the problems we have today.  The reason I say militia or what ever you think you are, is that most who claim to be the militia only shoot, how much real war fighting training do they do?  Paint ball doesn't count either, I'm talking combined arms, training that is what fighting wars is all about.  If you don't do that you maybe a militia, but one that will die quickly against anyone with any training.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:51:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh and I don't wear jack boots, combat boots,  ICBs, jungles and rough outs yes.  But I guess that is your way of rationalizing why you want to wear the uniform of a US Marine without earning the title.  If you want digital cammies, you can get them, hopefully the jungle stalker variety without the Marine emblem on them, but please don't wear a uniform you don't rate, it is exactly the same as wearing medals you don't rate.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:54:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

If all you are as a Marine is summed up in a camo pattern, what does that say?

The eagle, globe, and anchor is a different story, but the camo pattern?  Give me a break man.  People want to wear it because it looks cool (to them at least, I think it looks pretty stupid), not because they are pretend Marines.  Get a grip.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:58:56 AM EDT
[#38]
I guess most of you cannot understand the MCCUU is a uniform, just like a police uniform or a set of Service Alphas.  It is actually against the law to wear uniforms of service members if you are not one. You can get non-uniform cammies in that pattern, Major Surplus sells them and wear those all you like, but they are not the same as wearing MCCUUs.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:14:28 AM EDT
[#39]
[b][size=6][red]TIME OUT!!!!![/red][/size=6][/b]

You are both right. A civilian should [b]NOT[/b] wear the G&A. And a civilian (member of the militia by default) should be able to wear the camo [b]WITHOUT[/b] the G&A. We should all be on the same side. Not spraying testoterone all over the thread.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:19:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What ever, the second amendment doesn't define the militia
View Quote

It did the last time I checked.
The reason I say militia or what ever you think you are, is that most who claim to be the militia only shoot, how much real war fighting training do they do? Paint ball doesn't count either,
View Quote

Whether a person trains or not doesn't prevent them from being a member of the militia.  I agree, without training you wont last long.  Oh, I don't play paint ball.  I only shoot real guns.
But I guess that is your way of rationalizing why you want to wear the uniform of a US Marine without earning the title.  If you want digital cammies, you can get them, hopefully the jungle stalker variety without the Marine emblem on them, but please don't wear a uniform you don't rate, it is exactly the same as wearing medals you don't rate.
View Quote

To tell you the truth, I don't even wear comos of any kind.  However, I should have the right to if I wished.  If I did, I certainly wouldn't have a Marine, Army, Navy or Airforce emblem on it as I am not part of those organizations.  Believe it or not, I have all the respect in the world for our military forces.  I don't claim to be a wanna-be and don't go around acting like I am.  The only military clothing I own are a couple of jackets.  A field jacket and a flight jacket.  Neither of which have [i]US Marine Digital Camouflage©[/i] patterns on them.

Oh, and I apologize for calling you a JBT.  Thank you for your service to our country.

USPC40

[Edited to fix spelling]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:13:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:38:26 AM EDT
[#42]

[b][size=5]YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!     [/size=5][b]

I'll take one set please..  size XXXXL [:)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 4:01:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#44]
I dont think anyone wearing size 3Xl is gonna fool to many people into thinking he/she is a marine...
former maybe...but not active..lol
I like the pattern..would blend in nicely most times of the year
Nice pattern for one of my M1A stocks
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 4:57:37 AM EDT
[#45]
ya better arrest all the war movie actors in hollyweird- I hear they may have worn insignia and medals once...

I will wear any camo i please- I will not wear any insignia or branch emblems I have not earned.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:32:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Preface:
To all who are currently serving or have served, thank you for your service to our country.  

Body text:
It's wonderful that you've served our country in any capacity.  However, being a Marine does not confer upon you the right to be an asshole.  I don't know if some of you were that way before, or if they installed that plug-in to your attitude at boot camp, but to anyone but yourselves, you just look like a bunch of fucking idiots when you act like this.

If you're so brainwashed into thinking that the EGA is a religious symbol so important that anyone caught wearing it or even in the same room with it... (who isn't a graduate of Chesty's Summertime Sunshine Happy Camp) needs their ass kicked..well...you're no better than a Taliban.

No one wants to 'play Marine'.  If it's truly an effective camo pattern, some folks want the advantage it could offer.  That's it.  Nothing more.

Should I beat everyone's ass who I see wearing woodland BDUs or jump boots?  After all, if they haven't been to Benning they're just unworthy pond scum who should stick to neon pink and luau shirts, right?

Grow up.

Q(Infantry!)S
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All this is making me feel guilty!

OK I admit it!

I am wearing a hawaiian shirt.

I am not a hawaiian.

I've never even been there.

I feel better now!
View Quote

[b]Yall pay attention, because this right here above is real humor. It's probably the funniest damn thing I've read all week.[/b]
I think this whole discussion is stupid.

Do marines go around kicking the shit out of non-marines for having the globe and anchor bumper sticker on their car?

If I want to wear surplus military camo, for paintball or whatever reason I want then that is what I'm going to do. This is America and I have a [b]right[/b] to wear what I want, regardless of what anybody says. Don't like it? Tough shit.

I'm not out pretending to be a marine. If I bought some MARPAT camo, it's because I would have a reason to use them, like paintball or hunting or something else. If a marine wants to stop me from wearing them then I guess we'll just have to get sideways over the issue, because I won't give in. Going through bootcamp doesn't give anyone the right to tell me what I can or can't wear, should I so desire.

If you're a marine then you should be proud of being a marine, not proud of the clothes you wear. Being a little pussy crybaby because somebody is wearing "your" uniform doesn't bode well for the marine image.

I have the utmost respect for Americas armed forces, since these people put their life on the line every day, even in training, to protect our country. But for gods sake, quit crying over a fucking shirt.

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#48]
I remember at the end of the Vietnam War, a lot of kids were buying surplus jackets, coats, BDUs, etc. at the local surplus stores and wearing them to high school, college, whatever. Some had insignia, rank, etc., and no one really gave a shit. When you see a kid with hair halfway down his back wearing that stuff it's obvious he's not in the military and certainly not trying to pretend.

If those camo patterns turn out to be good for hunting, what the hell, everyone should have the right to wear them. It's a free country, right?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#49]
If you're looking for a cool camo pattern - for paintball or whatever - check out the Danish army pattern.

[img]http://www.olin.wustl.edu/faculty/langfred/smalluniform.jpg[/img]

It is the pattern that the German "flecktarn"  is a direct copy of (with slightly different colors).  

It don't understand the pixelated effect of the ne Marine camo myself, but the Danish pattern was supposedly computer-designed as well, except the spots are rounded and splotchy instead of pixelated - but it seems somewhat similar.  Here's a closeup:

[img]http://www.arktisusa.com/camo/Danish.jpg[/img]

Oh - and by the way - you all have my permission to wear the Danish camo even though you haven't "earned the right"  [whacko]  

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#50]
If you've earned the title Marine, it will show in your daily actions and behavior. Regardless of what you're wearing, where you are or who your with, you should always reflect the Corps. That is what makes the Marine, not what he is wearing. The public can usually tell the difference anyway since civs for the most part don't know how to wear the uniform properly anyway. There's alot bigger things in life to be stressed about, this aint one of 'em.
oh, and I did earn the title Marine.

jj
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top