Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 8:00:18 PM EDT
I picked up my new Armalite AR-50, .50 BMG, single-shot rifle Friday night.  It is pictured below with my Armalite AR-30, which I absolutely love to shoot.  I hope to have the Nightforce scope in the next few days, and I can't wait to take it to the range and try it.

edited to add:  The .50 BMG round beside the .338 Lapua, .308  and .223 rounds.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
What a lucky person you are.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What he said.

AR-50 and a Nighforce scope - did you win the lottery?  Seriously though, congratulations.  That is an awesome collection.     Ain't freedom grand?  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
dayummmmmmmmm  woman, you're like a man's dream come true!

show me some more pix of that 50!  

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent for both home defense and those pesky fundamentalists.

That is one beautiful weapon.  Congratulations.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#7]
too cool!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

AR-50 and a Nighforce scope - did you win the lottery?  Seriously though, congratulations.  That is an awesome collection.     Ain't freedom grand?  

Not the lottery!  In my dreams, think of all of the guns that I could buy and the range that I could build.  Finally received a settlement from an insurance company after an accident.  After all the pain that I had and still have, I thought the best thing that I could do with it is buy something to enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
dayummmmmmmmm  woman, you're like a man's dream come true!

show me some more pix of that 50!  

Woohoo!  I think my husband might think so too!  He was very agreeable when I said I wanted to buy it.  He has enjoyed the shopping experience and buying all of the reloading equipment and supplies for the ammo.

When we get the scope, 12x-42x 56mm, and some time to shoot it, we will post some more pics of it in action.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Excellent choice to invest in, 9x19!  

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:59:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

Not the lottery!  In my dreams, think of all of the guns that I could buy and the range that I could build.  Finally received a settlement from an insurance company after an accident.  After all the pain that I had and still have, I thought the best thing that I could do with it is buy something to enjoy.

Is the settlement from your car accident?  I'm sorry to hear that you're still hurting from that.  I guess an AR-50 would help ease some of the pain.        Too bad you can't mount that bad boy so it sticks out the back of your car - that would make tail-gaters think twice!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

Is the settlement from your car accident?  I'm sorry to hear that you're still hurting from that.  I guess an AR-50 would help ease some of the pain.        Too bad you can't mount that bad boy so it sticks out the back of your car - that would make tail-gaters think twice!  

Yes, the settlement is from the car accident.  I still have some hip pain and neck pain from it.  Since, it was a tailgater who hit me, without even braking, the same idea has crossed my mind a few times.  After I bought my Explorer, I noticed that people tend to tailgate it a lot less than they did my Mustang. I think the dark tint helps with that too, and in Northern Virginia traffic, I need all of the help I can get.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think I hate you.  

+1
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#14]
i need a drool bucket ASAP!

J
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Very nice 9x19!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Very cool!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome new toy! I'd like to see the fool who tries to tailgate you now It's too bad that you had to give up the Mustang and have been in some pain since the accident, but it looks like you will be having some fun now!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top