Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2010 4:04:48 PM EDT
Posted this in General Discussion earlier, with no help...

Gotta get a new TV, looking specifically at the Vizio XVT553SV model, $1700-1800 was my budget, looks like $1900-1950 this one will end up running me (tax, shipping, limited availability etc,etc)

Anyone here running this particular model? Any thing else I should consider in my ^^ budget/price range?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:56:38 PM EDT
I do not recommend Vizio. It's a low end, budget brand. Your money would be better invested in a slightly more expensive, but far higher
quality Samsung unit.

Buy cheap...get cheapness.

CJ
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:21:20 PM EDT
58" samsung plasma I've been looking at this one in the stores for a few months now...it would totally be mine if I didn't end up having to buy a truck. Looks fantastic even under store lights (it's a plasma), didn't have the graininess of the Panasonics, well within your budget. Check it out. If you're okay with darkening your room slightly to watch it, it'll probably do you well.

If you're married to LCD this guy is probably pretty good, but I haven't given it the attention I did the plasma so I don't know. Samsung seems to make some pretty nice displays, however, for less than the comparable Sony units.
Top Top