BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 6:52:23 AM EDT
see video here

comment?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Simple, but to the point.  More waffling and lying from Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
ouch!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The only thing I don't like about that ad is that it's obviously cut up and I'm sure the lefties will just see it as taking his words out of context. I'd like to see the uncut version of what he actually said back in the 70's and then watch tthe uncut version of what he says today. That way there is no doubt about the fact that he's a flip flopper.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I think this is the interview where Charlie Gibson just ripped into him.  Some say it was payback for lying to Peter Jennings.

Kerry is an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Swiftees will have to wait for my paycheck before I can donate.  I give $25 to them for every ad they produce.  They initiated the Bush surge in the polls.  Please give to them, they deliver more thrusts per squeeze (on Kerry's nads) than Moveon.org's seditious trash.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Pour it on boys!  Fire for effect!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#8]
There is better waiting in the wings.  October can not come soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Every SBVFT ad is like a helicopter dropping a big bucket of gasoline on a swift boat that is taking on water and burning. Icing on the cake.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Got to love their ads.  Makes me ill to think of the jerk as our next leader.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There is better waiting in the wings.  October can not come soon enough.

interesting.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Weak, very weak...Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm sure the lefties will just see it as taking his words out of context.

ala Michael Moore. The lefties love to take things out of context
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#15]

The only thing I don't like about that ad is that it's obviously cut up and I'm sure the lefties will just see it as taking his words out of context.

There is nothing out of context. It is all about what John Kerry said what he did with his medals/ribbons. It may be from more than one event but the subject is the same- what John Kerry said he did with his medals and/or ribbons.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I know people who served in the general vincinity of Sen. Kerry. They were universally in acceptance of the Swift boat vets assertions...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Compared to the latest DNC piece of shit it's 1,000 times better.

http://mfile.akamai.com/8082/wmv/democratic1.download.akamai.com/8082/video/fortunateson/fortunateson.asx
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The only thing I don't like about that ad is that it's obviously cut up and I'm sure the lefties will just see it as taking his words out of context.

There is nothing out of context. It is all about what John Kerry said what he did with his medals/ribbons. It may be from more than one event but the subject is the same- what John Kerry said he did with his medals and/or ribbons.

I know that it's not out of context, but I'm just saying that the way in which they edited it, that's the way the Kerry supporters will see it.

I guess I'm just not a big fan of seeing short snippets of what someone said because I've seen that used by MM and how twisted a spin he put on GWB.

Of course I don't think it would change the Kerry supporters minds regardless. I just hope that it works for the undecideds.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Too cut up.
I would've done it differently.
Not word by word comparison, but sentence by sentence.

They assume that the viewer is familiar with the old footage, and doesn't need to see the full context.
They are too used to preaching to the chior.  They need to realize that the audience may be new to this info.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Too cut up.

They assume that the viewer is familiar with the old footage, and doesn't need to see the full context.
They are too used to preaching to the chior.  They need to realize that the audience may be new to this info.

+1
Agreed -- fair analysis....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#21]
i wanna see the one waiting to be released

they need to talk on tv about him visiting the enemy while he was a naval reserve officer

show his disdain for hunting guns

hammer him on the abortion thing, this will motivate those who proclaim to be christians, btu still like the guy

he should also be known as the gay lover presidential candidate
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Too cut up.

This is exactly what I was trying to get at. Thanks for putting it in better words for me Cincinnatus.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
... What this message does os to very subtly, but undeniably prove that Kerry has lied ....

But that is OK with them. They admit he lied and lies, but they don't care one iota.

Their mantra:
"Bush lied, people died.
Kerry lied, no one died."

It’s a sickness.
-LS
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Lots of cuts, and they don't actually show him saying he threw his medals.  Just him saying the phrase 'and that was the medals themselves'.   Very weak, and not a good ad.  Sorry Swifties.  Hopefully, the next one will be better.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I would love to see the DNC take all of the original footage and try to disprove the assertion of the ad. These are actual clips of Kerry in his own words, not some metaphysical understanding of the meanings of a dead guy. Let them disprove it. Still waiting on the libel suit from Kerry on the original Swiftvet ads.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#27]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top