Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/9/2002 5:54:57 AM EST
This guy sounds GREAT! [url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=514&e=5&cid=514&u=/ap/20020709/ap_on_go_co/surgeon_general_5[/url] Remember the Klinton days? Remember Joycelyn Elders? YUCK!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:05:58 AM EST
[i]In 1999, Carmona spotted one driver assaulting another after a car accident and intervened. Shot at, Carmona fired back and — as the administration tells it — tried to stanch the man's ultimately fatal wound. The man, who was mentally ill, turned out to have been a murder suspect who had stabbed his father to death that day.[/i]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:35:40 AM EST
I urge everybody to contact their representitives and encourage them to vote for this guy.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:58:50 AM EST
This guys a HERO in my book. Why in the hell would you try to save a deserving asshole that you just had to ventilate ? And he did the right thing by reloading to make sure the perp can't hurt anyone else. Jeese, the media REALLY SUCKS.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:15:45 AM EST
From Putman's letter to Sen Kennedy, referring to the incident where [u]Sheriff[/u] Carmona came to the aid of a motorist and returned fire at the attacker, killing him: "Whatever the precise circumstances of that encounter ... it is patently clear that Sheriff Carmona ... not Dr. Carmona was at center stage in that emergency. [b]Could not a physician have recognized the behavior of a mentally ill individual and responded in kind?"[/b] he wrote. How in the dickens would a physician have responded to someone shooting at him? Told him to lie down and loosen his clothing? Eric The('DoesThisHurt'?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:24:42 AM EST
Kalifornia state senator Don Perata also has a concealed weapon permit and carries a Beretta 92fs! He kicks ass and deserves the support of all gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:35:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: Kalifornia state senator Don Perata also has a concealed weapon permit and carries a Beretta 92fs! He kicks ass and deserves the support of all gun owners.
View Quote
Just be carefull. Dianne Feinstein ALSO has a handgun permit. So does former CT governer Lowell Weicker. There was also a published photograph of Charles Schumer shooting a Tec-9 and grinning like a fool.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:59:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: Kalifornia state senator Don Perata also has a concealed weapon permit and carries a Beretta 92fs! He kicks ass and deserves the support of all gun owners.
View Quote
Yes, but with a 5-cent per bullet tax, I'm sure he refrains from shooting it. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:39:44 AM EST
Top Top