Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2001 6:23:39 AM EDT
Check it out here.

[url]www.springfieldarmory.com/prod-mia-promotion.shtml[/url]

Buy an M1a, and get a 6x40 Gov't Model scope, Gen III mount and rings for $99.

Whadda ya think????

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Get  a stripped receiver and have it built by a competant armorer..email me and Ill give you the name of a great one in GA.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I did that deal. Then I traded the scope+$100 for a used 4x14x56 Springfield Government model scope. For the money you can't beat it
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#3]
That mount appears to sit awfully close in that picture.  I would think it would give you a poke in the eye.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Get  a stripped receiver and have it built by a competant armorer..email me and Ill give you the name of a great one in GA.
View Quote

Doc: does this come out cheaper or more reliable than a SA M1A? Those are the only reasons I could see going that route. I am interested though. Can you give me any details on what you paid and what components went into yours? TIA.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

------------------
"Forget what our forefathers said."
--Dominick Potifrone, BATF Special Agent (Retired) "On the Inside: The BATF", Discovery Channel, 2000
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Doc: does this come out cheaper or more reliable than a SA M1A? Those are the only reasons I could see going that route. I am interested though. Can you give me any details on what you paid and what components went into yours? TIA.

View Quote

A USMC armorer once told me the same thing. I guess I had temporarily forgotten it.

You will actually spend about 10-20% more, but end up with TWICE the gun. Get a Kreiger barrel, 'glass stock, and all USGI parts. You'll end up with a race gun, for just a little bit more than the base model.

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh crap, now you've done it.

I've been wanting to get an M1A National Match for quite some time. Got the money saved and there is room in the safe.

I convinced myself that I should do some house repairs first. You know, be responsible.

My wife is gonna sh#t when she sees a new rifle!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By operator error:
My wife is gonna sh#t when she sees a new rifle!
View Quote

You should get your M1A now and a bunch of mags.  I have a bunch of Red Chinese mags that function flawlessly.  I think that with Geo. Bush Jr. in the Prez, we don't have too much to worry about at the moment, but that could very quickly change.  "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush."
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Have spoken with the people at both Thunder Ranch and Storm Mountain about Springfield scopes.  Both Thunder Ranch and Storm Mountain people say that they have never ever had a Springfield scope make it all the way through one of their courses with out breaking.  Never, ever.  That's a 100% failure rate.  To put it bluntly Springfield scopes su*k the big one.  They are useless for anything but very gentle purposes i.e. for your grandmother to shoot from her rocking chair at church on Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Umm, did Springfield misspell M1A?  Check the URL.  Looks like mia not m1a to me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to get a M1A, but I spent my money on a  LEGP!! BTW, why did they just up their prices on all of their handguns. I want to get a Longslide, but it went from $749 to $1003!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That must be Hook. He did an awesome rifle for me last year.
He's EXTREMELY reasonable too.
Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top