Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 4:40:40 PM EDT
I picked up my first Scanner/Copier/Printer today, yea I know I’m behind the power curve. Thought I’d try it out by scanning a pic of my unit in Iraq during Desert Storm. This pick was taken a few days into the ground war, in the morning before we launched for a mission. I'm down in the front row, third from the right, with the 203.

I’d like to take a moment to pay tribute to a fallen soldier/buddy of mine. PFC Hopkins is the black soldier standing on the right below the Cobras cockpit. He was one of four Aerial Observers assigned to our unit, D Trp 1-1 CAV 1st AD. The 1-1 CAV deactivated as a 2x2 CAV Squadron after Desert Storm. After we parted ways Hopkins went on to flight school, as many Aerial Observers do, and became a Warrant Officer.

I found out a few months ago that he became a Blackhawk pilot and was killed in the line of duty while flying in Korea.

Rest in peace Hop, I’ll never forget ya!

Quib

And thanks to the soldiers who had to go back and finish our job. Sorry you had to finish our work, we would have went on to Baghdad to complete the mission if they had let us.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
awesome picture.  thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your service and God bless all who serve.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top