Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2005 11:12:23 AM EDT
Anybody hear anything yet?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:17:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 11:18:30 AM EDT by macro]
Why would they, they all hate us, havent you heard?
I will be interested in seeing if anyone gives a shit about this.
I am even more interested in seeing American citizens respond...

All the do-gooders couldnt be more vocal about providing aid to the east when the tsunami hit, lets see if they are just as interested in kicking in support for our OWN PEOPLE!!!

I plan to donate blood and money....from my remote location its about all I can come up with)
Lets see which of the 'non-english' speaking nations steps up to the plate.

ETA: I wonder how much Saudi Arabia will donate
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:26:03 AM EDT
My point being, that whenever one of these disasters strikes OCONUS, we are expected to take the lead and fix it, right? Other nations then join in, but we always absorb the bulk of the blow. I am probably preaching to the choir here, but it bears repeating.

It's a damn good thing I am not POTUS. In 8 weeks (give the world community a chance), I would have a State of the Union address, and enact policy that, effective immediately, we will give humanitarian assistance, of ANY kind, in the measure that it was given to us post Katrina.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:36:36 AM EDT
IF they are in that bad of shape in other countries that we always have to bail them out why or how would you exspect them to do anything other than tend to the issues they have?

It's like giving your kid or a friend a loan and then asking them why they don't help with your bills. If they had the money to pay the bills they wouldn't need your help.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:05:15 PM EDT
wasn't there just a thread about this?
Top Top