Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2005 8:50:28 AM EDT
Its obvious how incompetent (impotent) that Mayor Nagin turned out to be. N.O.L.A. needs a new mayor.

I say that this new mayor should be an AR15 member. (like my post on Chief Justice)

Who should this person be..

I Nominate:

LArifleMan
Hes already there, and should be ready after all his guns are cleaned up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:51:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 8:57:44 AM EDT by operatorerror]
ETH

He's from LA

ETA that ETH = Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:56:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 8:59:33 AM EDT by Win_88]
Mayor (Impotent) Nagin

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:58:53 AM EDT
Eric the Hun. He loves the place and I have no doubts he would spiff it up nicely when it was restored.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:11:49 AM EDT
Not so much a Mayer as a Warden.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:13:17 AM EDT
Lordtrader.

Maybe political power will be enough to finally get him laid.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:15:44 AM EDT
My immediate apologies to Eric The Hun for this, it is not meant ot be a gaff at him personally, but.....................

Isn't Eric the Hun (ETH) a lawyer ?

Do we really need more lawyers in position of authority ?

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:17:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:19:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SgtWhiting:
My immediate apologies to Eric The Hun for this, it is not meant ot be a gaff at him personally, but.....................

Isn't Eric the Hun (ETH) a lawyer ?

Do we really need more lawyers in position of authority ?

Who would you prefer.....Nagin, or ETH.

I mean really........lawyer or idiot, you make the choice.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:19:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By macman37:
Eric the Hun. He loves the place and I have no doubts he would spiff it up nicely when it was restored.

The problem with him is he will want to restore the city to what it once was. I strongly doubt he can convince the Congress to go along with him.

I am going to talk to my Congressman about limiting the funds for rebuilding to the essential infrastructure necessary for commodity transportation, manufacturing that can't be done anywhere else, and other local economic drivers like oil, fishing, etc.

There is no way in hell that New Orleans will ever return to its glory as a tourist party town and convention center as long at the majority of it lies below sea level. We have seen, via countless images, what kind of third-world savagery lurks beyond the French Quarter. If it gets any tourists at all, they will be the same people who run with the bulls at Pamplona. In effect, thrill seekers.

I will recommend that New Orleans' urban development plan is one that positions New Orleans as an 'industrial city'. What that means is most of the land now occupied by housing is rezoned to industrial. Housing will be rebuilt in areas better sheltered from the effects of a Cat 4 or 5 storm. Workers living in the outlying areas will find better commuting options into the city with my plan. We have seen the cost of evacuating workers. It will be less expensive in the long run to clean up factories than homes.

Once the rhetoric dies down and cooler heads prevail, you will see that the American people not finding the benefit of investing in a status quo New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:04:32 AM EDT
I vote for Sarge. If we had had a diorama with GI Joe dolls showing everyong how to evacuate, the whole problem would have been solved.
Top Top