Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 1:45:22 PM EDT
A "new" MOUT site... complete with live targets in the form of all the dickheads shooting at people.

WTF? Seems to me as f'ed up as that city is, they should round up all the "refugees", bus them out, and then destroy all but maybe one of the highways, freeways, and roads that lead in and out of there and turn it into what would probably be the best MOUT site in the world.

Then, and I just thought of this but I think it's a pretty good idea
relocate all of the "refugees" to one of the bases that has either already been or is scheduled to be closed. They already have housing and other buildings that could easily be converted into businesses. A .mil baes is essentially a town/city anyway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Too logical and cost effective.  Not going to happen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Leaving it exactly like it is would keep it as realistic as possible. The health risk from all the pollution is no different than putting troops at risk either in a deployed theater of the same condition or putting troops at risk on a live fire range. Train like you fight, and I'd say, sans gators, this place is now the closest thing we have to a 3rd world country.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leaving it exactly like it is would keep it as realistic as possible. The health risk from all the pollution is no different than putting troops at risk either in a deployed theater of the same condition or putting troops at risk on a live fire range. Train like you fight, and I'd say, sans gators, this place is now the closest thing we have to a 3rd world country.

No doubt.  It's be perfect.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Any idea  how many bases that have been closed in the last 20 or so years are currently just sitting, unused, and still have a good portion of their structures on the base standing?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
New Orleans is going to be rebuilt!
But thanks for the input. Sorta.
Eric The(PopeThatBarge,LiftThatBale)Hun

Is that their final answer?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:35:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050907/capt.ladm10109071324.hurricane_katrina_ladm101.jpg?x=380&y=198&sig=3ZpCrRuZABjEJie.G1GuEg--
New Orleans.....last night!
We are on the road!
Eric The(EverPrescient)Hun

Is that really from last night? I thought they were still without power.
Say what you will... MOUT Sight all the way IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top