Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 6:39:14 PM EDT
www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000129.html

A short excert:

"...Much has been said regarding how much more massive an event Katrina is relative to lower Manhattan. But the fact remains that firemen went up the stairs when people were coming down, and one ordinary group of people on an ordinary flight on an ordinary day defeated the very best that the global terror network could put together. Our ladies junior varsity squad whipped the living shit out of their Super Bowl A-team over Pennsylvania that day, and they did it because for one brief shining moment enough passengers on that airplane went Grey.

And in Louisiana last week the governor cried and the mayor blamed everyone but himself, and half the country bought every single stinking Pink lie about global warming and missing National Guard units and blamed the sheepdogs while the wolves raped and pillaged and looted everything in sight.

Hundreds of New York firemen and policemen never came home, never came home, but New Orleans Police Chief P. Edwin Compass III said, of his men, “If I put you out on the street and made you get into gun battles all day with no place to urinate and no place to defecate, I don’t think you’d be too happy either… Our vehicles can’t get any gas. The water in the street is contaminated. My officers are walking around in wet shoes.”

Well, Chief, I’m sorry your men’s feet are wet, but getting their feet wet is part of their fucking job. New York’s Finest aren’t complaining about wet feet or places to pee because they died doing their jobs....

...So, on one hand, we have a very blue city – New York – confronted, out of the clear morning of a perfect fall day, with no warning – with a terror attack, and they march toward the sounds of screams and falling bodies and die by the hundreds. One the other hand, we have New Orleans law enforcement – also blue – whining about wet shoes and helping themselves to the happy period of lawlessness that followed an event that had been expected for no less than seventy-two hours.

In New York, we had a governor who got every available resource on the ground as fast as it could get there, and in Louisiana we have a governor who...cried. Governor, your job is to not cry. Your job is to be strong. We have plenty of civilians crying. You want to cry, cry in the car on the way home like everybody else did four years ago. Crying Governors, race-baiting mayors and looting police do not a Finest Hour make.

In New Orleans we have a mayor who left some 400-500 buses sitting fueled and underwater in the Ray Nagin Memorial Motor Pool saying that evil white conservative America was selling out his people within 24 hours of the catastrophe, from a safe and dry and adequately toileted location, while four years ago we had a Mayor who ran to the site of the disaster so quickly it is a full-blown miracle he was not killed when a building collapsed literally on top of his magnificent, combed-over head.

Now, much has been made of the fact that Ray Nagin is an incompetent, race-baiting black man, and Rudy Giuliani, who was neither, is white. Also, feminists are upset that people dare attack Governor Blanco because she is incompetent, weak, indecisive, and also a woman. And no doubt there are salivating long-haired, short-cortexed idiots just waiting for this to be over so they can sail into the comments section and tell me what a racist and misogynist I am.

Well, here’s the news flash: Nagin isn’t incompetent because he’s black. He’s incompetent because he’s incompetent...

...Same holds for Governor Blanco. She’s not weak because she’s a woman, or because she’s a Democrat. Truman was a democrat. The Buck stopped there. She’s weak and indecisive because that is the individual she is...

...A person of some modest education might have remembered that the worship and adulation fostered after 9/11 was for the NYPD and the FDNY. No one was buying FEMA hats after 9/11, because FEMA is essentially a mop-up agency. It's the first responders, the local governments, that will determine if a city will live or die..."

Well done, Mr. Whittle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sums it up perfectly.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That works for me.

Shouldn't there be some way that we could declare martial law and put Rudy Guliani in charge down there?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
This really puts things into perspective.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow!

Nicely written!

ETA: Man! I'd forgotten about this guy! He can WRITE, boy! Give Ann Coulter a serious run for her money!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I think he was to hard on the cops that did not quit their jobs.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]

...A person of some modest education might have remembered that the worship and adulation fostered after 9/11 was for the NYPD and the FDNY. No one was buying FEMA hats after 9/11, because FEMA is essentially a mop-up agency. It's the first responders, the local governments, that will determine if a city will live or die..."

This is something that needs to be understand by more of the people that are pointing fingers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, damn good read.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Well Said
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag this beauty
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Entertaining and truthful.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
BUMP.

Everybody here needs to read this piece, and the eleventy-billion comments.

See who stands with you, and who stands against.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#14]

In New Orleans we have a mayor who left some 400-500 buses sitting fueled and underwater in the Ray Nagin Memorial Motor Pool...

Very well written piece!!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top