Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 5:21:00 PM EDT
LA radio station KFI640 broke a story today that sources told them that investigators in LAPD are looking into numerous cases of LAPD officers forging letterheads with fake supervisor names and signatures in order to get assault weapons. Investigation has been going on for a year. No arrests mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm... too late to become a cop and get all the good stuff?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That is one hell of a good idea!...unless ya get caught
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Some scandal! This is going on all over the country. Whether it's high cap mags or "assault weapons" or back to the time when we had to pay for the back ground check you'd be hard pressed to find a P.D. where this isn't happening.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
They abused their position to violate an unconstitutional law. They comitted a crime, but it is far less serious than the one comitted by the legislature. I suggest reprimanding the officers and arresting the politicians.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't agree with the bans and limitations, but honestly... I never understood why they didn't limit the sales to PD armory storefronts only, and not to individuals with letterheads, which are easily forged.

Sure, the armory officer can be crooked, but it's easier to control, if they're truly worried about the arms getting in the hands in the wrong people (not cops).
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems like they are already putting the blame on the gun store owner. He has been arrested. Nothing has been done to the cops yet. Even the chief said nothing has been done but the store owner should be indited(sp)!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
They broke the law,
they should get a raid at 3:00 am by the JBT's,

get their pregnant wifes thrown to the floor,
kids beaten and the dog shot. Make sure they dont have any more of those illegal homeland security rifles.  [;)]

They should lose their job, and be arrested.

Face both Federal and state charges.

If you can't do the time, dont do the crime. [:)]

c-rock
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, but when the JBT's go bad, which JBT's are you going to send to take care of the bad JBT's?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:52:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It seems like they are already putting the blame on the gun store owner. He has been arrested. Nothing has been done to the cops yet. Even the chief said nothing has been done but the store owner should be indited(sp)!
View Quote

Which gun store???
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:31:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, but when the JBT's go bad, which JBT's are you going to send to take care of the bad JBT's?
View Quote

Then the politicans that make these stupid fuckin laws could go out there and get them [;)]
c-rock
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:23:20 AM EDT
[#11]
[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-000018969mar15.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dcalifornia[/url]

Up to date info...
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#12]
They should be paraded in front of the subjects in the village square, and show that no-one is above these safety laws the politcans passed.

Imbroligo does it better than me, where is the dude?? [;)]
c-rock
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:10:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Some scandal! This is going on all over the country. Whether it's high cap mags or "assault weapons" or back to the time when we had to pay for the back ground check you'd be hard pressed to find a P.D. where this isn't happening.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They should be paraded in front of the subjects in the village square, and show that no-one is above these safety laws the politcans passed.
c-rock
View Quote

Yeah-yeah, and thrown rotten tomatoes. Maybe a stockade type scene.

Just goes to show, if someone wants something, and has the money.... ANYTHING is possible. Irregardless (sp?) of what the law says.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Hmmmmn...too bad I don't have any access to letterheads!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One sheriff has 19 felony counts charged on him. Anyone want to start the book on wether he'll do any time?
View Quote

19 felony counts of what everyone here is doing, has done, or wants to do. What a bunch of BS.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Sad thing is, that the anti's  will propley see this as an example of "the system works" by that I mean < look we caught and stopped the bad guys from doing this >
Not realizing that this whole thing is so screwed up that even cops are breaking the law..

on a side note.    I wonder how many of those cops have exacuted a warrent on some one for possing an "illegal AW"   hmm....
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys, the dealer is Larry Wolff, a name well know and admired in the HK world.

I've dealt with him on several occasions, and he is a good guy.

Seems like they thought it was better to bust an innocent dealer than to bust the cops with the fake letterheads, thus avoiding alot of disgrace to the LAPD.

PURE BULLSHIT!!
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=101227[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top