Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2003 3:41:37 PM EDT
I think these guards have some valid complaints.

[url]http://www.nj.com/news/bridgeton/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1054210213154820.xml [/url]

CRC
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Security gaurds at a Nuke plant are restricted to 10 rounds ?!?

I half thought of joke replying that they're using Mini-14's with 10 round mags, but it's probably not far from the truth.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
It would also permit them to use the more lethal hollow-nosed bullets. The bullets, once known as "cop killer" rounds, mushroom outward when they hit, increasing their impact.
View Quote

Wouldn't a "hollow-nosed bullet" be LESS effective at being a "cop killer" than a FMJ one? [i]What are they talking about?[/i]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's face the truth, those guards aren't interested in public safety, they just want an excuse to get their hands on some [b]guns[/b].  God only knows what they will do with them.  But for one thing its all about [b]power[/b].

The law already allows for them to go to a gunshow and purchase an unregulated unlicensed assault bolt rifle.  Military rifles like the Mosin Nagant and Mauser are available [b]WITH[/b] bayonets allready attached.   I can't imagine why anyone would need more firepower than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top