Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 1:13:47 AM EDT
Hi everyone.
Army girl here. I was introduced to this site by my boyfriend,  who is leaving for iraq tonight (boohoo). Dont know much about guns yet but want to learn how to shoot a pistol so I can shoot with him when he gets back.
Looking forward to learning a lot from this site.
:)
-Mindy
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Welcome to the Insanity.  You will be most welcome here.
And congrats on introducing yourself to the Correct Forum.  Doing it in the Main Fourum is cetain death by insuklts.... Doing it in the Main Forum is certain death by insults.  People who have claimed they were females often turn out to be lying about it.  And worse.

Don't mind me, I've been up 12 straightg hourd and I'm tired.  I have 2 hours ot go before my shift is over.

OK Ladies:  Your turn.  Make her welcome.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Welcome to the Insanity.  You will be most welcome here.
And congrats on introducing yourself to the Correct Forum.  Doing it in the Main Fourum is cetain death by insuklts.... Doing it in the Main Forum is certain death by insults.  People who have claimed they were females often turn out to be lying about it.  And worse.

Don't mind me, I've been up 12 straightg hourd and I'm tired.  I have 2 hours ot go before my shift is over.

OK Ladies:  Your turn.  Make her welcome.

+1

My girlfriend learned that the hard way.  Hasn't logged on since.  But she is still interested in AR's at least.  Showed her how the LULA worked today, she loaded 6 new mags for me, and actually enjoyed it!!!
I think I have a keeper!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:06:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Spudgrl, Welcome. Don't let the guys get to you around here. The womens forum is our sanctuary away from General Discussion.
Good luck to your boyfriend. If you want someone to talk with IM me. I am ex mil, and our son is in Iraq right now. Know what you are going through. I have a shoulder, etc. Plus it's nice to talk with someone going through the same thing.
Tell him to Stay Safe, and Watch his 6.
Sue
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:54:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#5]
welcome!

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

My girlfriend learned that the hard way.  Hasn't logged on since.  But she is still interested in AR's at least.  Showed her how the LULA worked today, she loaded 6 new mags for me, and actually enjoyed it!!!
I think I have a keeper!

Wecome Spud! Ex Army here as well.
Rakky...tell your girlfriend to come back.
I keep a rolled up newspaper by my side when I login...that's all the dogs in GD respond to!
The ones that aren't worth smacking on the nose, I ignore.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the Wimmenz Forum!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome!  Ignore all the "please post a pic" messages from the menfolk.  They're just nosy and well, whatever....

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey all,
I'm a newbie also... I'm afraid I don't have any huge gun claims to fame... but my husband (of nearly two years!) is a real enthusiast. He has some great stuff; AR15, glock being his favs.

I've been shooting with my husband and it's neat, but I guess my favorite shooting thing to do is shoot my flintlock rifle, a 45 caliber. He and I once did a flintlock 'woods walk'. He came in first and I tied another guy for second. It might have been luck.

Hutsband is on the list a lot and I figured, I'd join 'im! In my real life I'm a HS teacher, revwar reenactor with a workshop I do in the summer (colonial toys and games), and mom of four grown up kids.

Guess I'm hoping to relate to other women who have enthusiastic husbands and want to support them and get more involved! yikes.

Thanks all... for now...
Shari
"There is nothing so vital as paying attention to and perfecting the offices of love."

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the warm replies! I've been on here twice, and so far quite enjoy it. Looking forward to posting more often.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome spudgrl and conquest  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome to both of you, spudgrl & conquest.

There's & in the corner, and a multitude of conversations.

Enjoy!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top