Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/14/2004 11:32:34 AM EST
Hey Yall I'm new here. I was milling around looking for new Gadgets for my soon to be delivered toy and came across this sight. I'm hoping that within the next three weeks I will be receiving my new Bushmaster M4 part no. BCWA2F 14M4 IZ I'm pretty excited. I'll send pictures. I knew there was a reason for me waiting so long to get it. And the assault weapons ban being lifted was the reason. For the record I am a former Marine, Expert 4th award. I elected to qualify all four years because I love to shoot. I also have a Romanian AK 47, unfortunately it is a post ban not a post post ban so it only has single stack magazine capabilities. I'm lookin to maybe change that.....ANYWAYS Nice sight I'll see yall around.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:36:22 AM EST
Please check out the other forums including "Hall of Hero's" and the DIY forums.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:36:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sleeper396:
For the record I am a former Marine, Expert 4th award. I elected to qualify all four years because I love to shoot.

Welcome aboard, throw your duffel below. I thought once a Marine, always a Marine!

What was your MOS? How often were you required to qualify?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:39:06 AM EST
Welcome!So your a former Marine?Cool.Thats what I plan on doing after high school.I'm sure you will find much info on this great site.

Thanks,Tyler
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:41:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By rifleman2000:

For the record I am a former Marine, Expert 4th award. I elected to qualify all four years because I love to shoot.

Welcome aboard, throw your duffel below. I thought once a Marine, always a Marine!

What was your MOS? How often were you required to qualify?

Former Marine is right, ex Marine is not. But once a Marine always a Marine is better .

by the way sleeper what unit were you in
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:42:35 AM EST
Welcome! I notice you are in NC. Still stuck in One-Slow County by any chance?

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:49:14 AM EST
Yes Once a Marine Always a Marine is right. I was a winger 6092. I was only required to qualify three years because once you shoot expert twice you can skip a year. I chose not to skip a year. Shooting was above all my strongest point in the USMC. I was with MALS-29 A/F & Also HMM 263 when I went to the litter box with the 24th MEU. I got to fly with a .50 in front of me a couple times. That was the length of my excitement. Actuall Now I live in Forsythe County. In K VEGAS.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:01:33 PM EST

Yes Once a Marine Always a Marine is right. I was a winger 6092. I was only required to qualify three years because once you shoot expert twice you can skip a year. I chose not to skip a year. Shooting was above all my strongest point in the USMC. I was with MALS-29 A/F & Also HMM 263 when I went to the litter box with the 24th MEU. I got to fly with a .50 in front of me a couple times. That was the length of my excitement. Actuall Now I live in Forsythe County. In K VEGAS.

Well, no one is perfect, my welcome still stands, though.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:03:40 PM EST
Yeah I went in Open Contract and those Damn ASVAB scores kinda put me there. Oh well. I still got to play in the bush and shoot my rifle.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:08:34 PM EST
Go away DU Troll!
Oh, wait, I thought we did that to everyone between now and the election.
Welcome.
We will try to get the brain washing out of you while you are here
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:11:12 PM EST
welcome
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:29:13 PM EST
Hey welcome to the site fellow Devil Dog! Did I read your post right where you said you "elected" to qualify all 4 years? When did they start that ? When I was in (one time at band camp) , you qualified every years whether you wanted to or not. It wasn't THAT long ago. About 15 years since I've been out. Update me on the current status or as current as you can, please. thank you. And again, welcome, this is a good place.Take care
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:32:31 PM EST
Glad to have you here, jarhead. Former military kinda spices up the place. Welcome!

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:41:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By coondog:
Hey welcome to the site fellow Devil Dog! Did I read your post right where you said you "elected" to qualify all 4 years? When did they start that ? When I was in (one time at band camp) , you qualified every years whether you wanted to or not. It wasn't THAT long ago. About 15 years since I've been out. Update me on the current status or as current as you can, please. thank you. And again, welcome, this is a good place.Take care

when i was in they told us that if you qualified expert so many times you didnt have to qualify after that, dont really remember the specifics. BUT, big but there, that was up to battalion commander and since i was infantry we didnt have that option, and I believe all infantry units had same regs. so my guess is that this not qualifying after shooting expert would only apply to non infantry units.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:49:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 1:53:01 PM EST by Sleeper396]

Originally Posted By nchapa:

Originally Posted By coondog:

when i was in they told us that if you qualified expert so many times you didnt have to qualify after that, dont really remember the specifics. BUT, big but there, that was up to battalion commander and since i was infantry we didnt have that option, and I believe all infantry units had same regs. so my guess is that this not qualifying after shooting expert would only apply to non infantry units.

You might be on to something there. We only had to shoot expert twice then you could skip a year. I think it was a way for the soft@sses to avoid being embarassed. Since I was in the wing things were probably different. I didn't belong in the wing. I got sick of the way I seen good Hardcore Marines Get Paper @#$%ed without a kiss. They say things are easier in the wing but as far as punishment it isn't. I would rather dig trenches for a year than get a page 11. The officers and SNCOs forget what it feels like to rely on your fellow Marine. I didn't get in trouble but I also didn't like what I seen from day to day.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:51:11 PM EST
Thank you for all the welcomes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:54:15 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:08:42 PM EST
GO NAVY Just kiding, and congrats on the Bushy!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:16:01 PM EST
Oh, great. Another Jarhead.

But as he is now posting here shows that he can actually count to 20 without taking off his shoes/boots. This shows him to be far and away above the norm.

Welcome to Arfcom.

Now let’s start bugging him for some extra ammo. I don’t know about anybody else around here, but I used over 1,000 rounds of .223 last weekend. I’m down to about 3 grand of .223/5.56 for the rest of the year.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....Navy is going to beat Army next month.
What else is new?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:30:03 PM EST
Just a little bit curious, but I have to ask, what was your ASVAB score?
Have you ever heard of a GT score?

Anyways,welcome to a wonderful word of entertainment. The conversations on this site are both informative and hilarious!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:50:47 AM EST
Well I call it the ASVAB Score. Every service veiws them differentg. Like the Marines boils it down into four scores all of mine were in the 125-140 range. The fully broken down army rating of each individual section my lowest score was a 75 in the short math example section. I'm not that fast but I had 99 in 5 of the other sections. I beleive they were science, long math, electrical, reading comprehension, and mechanical comprehension. For reference I scored a 1280 combined score on my SATs. 660 Math 620 English.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:52:47 AM EST

New Here

Are you bragging or complaining ?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:56:14 AM EST
sleeper, your not a woman, so don't expect this thread to go on much longer than a page.

you'll understand the more time you spend here.

one question:

do you like pie?????

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:12:33 PM EST
Trust me I understand what you mean about threads not lasting long if you aren't a woman. They usually go on for about three or four pages. And no I'm not complainning or braggin.
Top Top