BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#1]
So glad i got my 14
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the MSRP on it?  Let me guess.........way more than any truck should cost!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks to be around $50K.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The Ecoboost certainly is neat addition to Ford, for certain applications.  How about the 6 different driving modes, are they more hype then innovation?  How does this compare to the competition trucks?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll take one in red, please.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you.
View Quote

Shoulda stayed with a 6.2l
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

I actually prefer a smaller turbo engine to a larger NA one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
That thing is going to be off the charts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What's the MSRP on it?  Let me guess.........way more than any truck should cost!!
View Quote
How much do you think a factory warrantied that has equivalent capabilities cost?

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure I can get used to the looks aside from maybe the gross tailgate, but I'm more than happy to stick with the one I already have.

Thing feels wrong without the big V8, and 10 speed trans?? I can feel the perpetual shift machine already, constantly changing it's mind about which gear it wants.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#11]
"An available Torsen front differential increases off-road capability further."  
Nice

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm sure I can get used to the looks aside from maybe the gross tailgate, but I'm more than happy to stick with the one I already have.

Thing feels wrong without the big V8, and 10 speed trans?? I can feel the perpetual shift machine already, constantly changing it's mind about which gear it wants.
View Quote
You say that like it's a bad thing?

How do you think they can have it geared  from rock crawling to desert bombing?

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"An available Torsen front differential increases off-road capability further."  

Nice
View Quote

Hasn't that been around since at least '13?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no complaints about my 6 speed from thousands of miles of doing both those things. I think the constant swings in rpms any time you got on or off the throttle would get annoying quick.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Why?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Why?

'murica
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I love my Sierra, but I fuckin want one of those.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

'murica
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Why?

'murica

Damn right 'Murica lol I dunno a turbo v6 in a truck just doesn't seem American to me. When I think of ford I think of 289 hipo or 428scj or the like, fast loud and kinda in your face. Leave the turbo v6s for gtrs and supras. Just my opinion. And I didn't mean to quote MadProffessor I did that by accident lol damn phones so small I hit quote not reply and didn't notice it lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:56:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I better start saving my pennies for when I wear out my 2011.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:50:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Prices have gone retard.  I think I've bought my last new vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Prices have gone retard.  I think I've bought my last new vehicle.
View Quote

Yes they have.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I better start saving my pennies for when I wear out my 2011.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/INFIDEL814/7250CD9E-43C8-4017-8F91-01A1469B3FED_zpseidnhjhz.jpg
View Quote

Shit looks worn out already.  You wore the black off the tires and the white is showing through.  Need anymore excuses to get a new one?   Just last night my son showed my the video of the dumbass doing something like a 70' jump in a stock Raptor.  Deployed all the airbags on landing. No telling what else broke that day.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#23]
This looks better than 1st gen Raptors, I think.

I question how well  10spd auto will do in whoops, though.  It'll be upshifting like a bitch every time you catch air.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I question how well  10spd auto will do in whoops, though.  It'll be upshifting like a bitch every time you catch air.
View Quote

If I was a thinking man, I would suspect that's why it has 6 different programs.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Sweet looking truck.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Bet the price tag in north of 70k. It will be awesome if they can make one that doesn't get in the single digits for gas mileage.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bet the price tag in north of 70k. It will be awesome if they can make one that doesn't get in the single digits for gas mileage.
View Quote

Folks who spend $70k on a street-legal prerunner probably don't care about mileage a whole lot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a 2012 6.2L Raptor; since new I've averaged 13.7 MPG.  That includes a fair amount of light towing and a lot of dirt road miles. On the highway, I usually get around 15 MPG.  I'd imagine the V6 Ecobeast version will flirt with 17-18 MPG on the highway with a sensible foot.  That's about what a very lightly modded 4.0L Tacoma gets, so in those terms the Raptor isn't that bad on fuel.

I paid around $44k for my Raptor in late 2011; I'd image that I won't be able to comfortably afford the next generation Raptor.  Ironically, I think I'm going to buy a 3rd generation Tacoma instead.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Was hoping it was going to be a 5.0 "ecoboost," would have been sweet!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

450hp in a truck is a lot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:38:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Take out that goofy looking Ford lettering across the grille and Id like the looks more.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needs moar.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Needs moar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needs moar.

I've had a 430hp truck. On 35s that would be enough.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Well. Crap. Now it might be able to ghetto-lane my Jeep. I liked them better with the 6.2L!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, the 5.0 is already 435 HP.   EcoBoost that bitch and you're looking at an easy 600+ HP.  Ford should do this just because.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needs moar.

There is no such thing as enough horsepower.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Folks who spend $70k on a street-legal prerunner probably don't care about mileage a whole lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're all over in Texas and that's the only gripe I hear about them. Someone on here lived in Houston and had one, then sold it because the fuel costs of using it as a commuter were too high. Another guy I shot 3 gun with loved the truck, and sold it for a regular F-150 because the fuel bill was getting old.

Just because someone buys a Raptor doesn't mean they enjoy 12-14 MPG when gas costs almost 4 bucks a gallon. It may not right now, but it will go back up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They're all over in Texas and that's the only gripe I hear about them. Someone on here lived in Houston and had one, then sold it because the fuel costs of using it as a commuter were too high. Another guy I shot 3 gun with loved the truck, and sold it for a regular F-150 because the fuel bill was getting old.

Just because someone buys a Raptor doesn't mean they enjoy 12-14 MPG when gas costs almost 4 bucks a gallon. It may not right now, but it will go back up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sticker on the Raptor says 11 / 14.  If someone buys a Raptor as a commuter vehicle and not as an off-road toy, then they shouldn't be surprised that they chose poorly.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The sticker on the Raptor says 11 / 14.  If someone buys a Raptor as a commuter vehicle and not as an off-road toy, then they shouldn't be surprised that they chose poorly.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even with the Ecoboost, it's going to get terrible mileage. Can't overcome 35" tires and high ground clearance. My 4runner (rated 21mpg, stock) gets 13.5 highway with lift, big tires, armor, etc.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Even with the Ecoboost, it's going to get terrible mileage. Can't overcome 35" tires and high ground clearance. My 4runner (rated 21mpg, stock) gets 13.5 highway with lift, big tires, armor, etc.  
View Quote

Yup, the power will be nice, but there will be nothing ECO about it.  Shit, I have a FX4 with the 6.2L and used to have the identical truck with the EB ( both 3.73 gears ) and the MPG difference isn't all that great.  When towing 5K lbs, the 6.2L has actually gotten me a little better MPG.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will act just like any other auto trans.  In the six speed, as well as the new 10 speed the trans will never use all available gears in sequential order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top