Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2009 11:23:21 AM EDT
Hey guys, this may be a bit premature, but I had to throw this to the hive mind for input and ideas (that in itself may just be an epic fail decision but we'll see ).

I've begun work on a new site that I feel fits into a niche that has been created between gun magazines that refuse to do much more than advertise on the web, gun forums which stay pretty single track minded, and firearms news sites which seem to be few and far between.

The site itself will be, when its finished, easy on the eyes, easy to navigate, and very organized in the information it contains, though still again- easy to navigate. It will hopefully fill in the gaps with most common forum questions about popular weapons setups, firearm myths being busted up, a collection of current news in the legislative and product worlds, testimonials, etc.

Its a big project and a lot to plan out. Obviously its beginnings are going to be meager and humble, but my sincere hope is to make it as useful and helpful as possible while still keeping it rather simple. I'm designing around blog software, though it will be more of a pseudo periodical then a blog.

I hope all this is making sense, I feel like I'm rambling. Anyways, to cut to the chase, I've been lurker and soaker-upper of a lot of great stuff from Arfcom for about 10 years now and would like your suggestions and ideas on what you think would make a good site, or even what you might like to see. This is not to compete with the mighty ar15.com or any other great forums, as it will never be a forum, or a website to complex. Think of it more like the closing article you usually find on the last page of your favorite magazine.

Heres the web address, though please keep in mind, its only currently running on about 5 actual hours of work.
Thanks for any and all comments and suggestions.

Clickity

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top