Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 5:14:07 PM EDT
Yesterday I went to the pink barf computer store and got the Tron 20th Anniversary Collectors DVD.

Lots of neat stuff including a special features disc.

If it weren't for this movie, I would have never become interested in computers and would have gone on to do something constructive and successful with my life.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Imbroglio,  

That is the first personel statement that i have ever seen you make!!!!!!!

Yeah, TRON Is FRICKIN COOL.

"COMMON SCSI DATA BE IN THERE!"--Flynn

That was pre Atari 8-bit for me, Pre Commodore, Pre Atari 130xl, pre Commodore 128D, Pre 1040St, Pre Amiga, Pre 386sx, Pre APPLE IIE, PRE APPLE IIGs, Pre Pentium III, soon to be Pentium IV

BUT IT WAS POST ODYSSEY II that was the only computer that I had before Tron was released.

AHHH THE GOOD OLE DAYS.

EDITED TO ADD:

PRE VAX w/ VMS and PRE UNIX 5.0
PRE IBM THREE_SiCKLY.

Man I have used a bunch of computers in my life.

Benjamin

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I could afford a DVD player. Imbroglio do you have any Beta movies I could borrow?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Greetings, programs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It is amazing how much work actually went into making that movie. 600,000+ frames of the live action that took place in the computerworld was shot in black and white and then colored by hand.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I haven't picked it up yet... wife's still bitching about my purchase of TIME BANDITS when that first came out...

]=)
View Quote

"I AM the Supreme Being - I'm not entirely dim."
- God, "The Time Bandits"

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Talk about a classic flick... dork yet very cool at the same time.

I haven't picked it up yet... wife's still bitching about my purchase of TIME BANDITS when that first came out...

]=)
View Quote

Time Bandits is one of my all time favorite movies!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Time Bandits is a cool movie.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been wanting a DVD player for a while.  With the release of the Tron 20th Anniversary Collectors DVD, I must get one now.

Yeah, yeah!  I'm a computer geek.  Wanna make somethin' of it? [:D]

BTW, there is possibly a TRON 2.0 in the works.  Check out [url]www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/realtron2.html[/url] for the info.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
man its been years since ive seen tron must go rent. anyone remember the tron arcade game?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to be in a bowling league and I think I played the Tron arcade game more than I bowled when I was at the alley!

I think I got to the OS level and 150,000 points or something.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#12]
My game was Discs of TRON.  That was awesome!

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#13]
For about a month after seeing that movie, I would hesitate before deleting a program.

I was about 12 or so when my Dad took me to see it with a few of my friends.  Many of the 'real world' segments were filmed at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory where he worked.  For example:  The 'Laser room', computer room, and the 'Big Door'.  The 'Laser Research Facility' REALLY WAS a laser research facility called the Shiva Project.  They were trying to develop a way to create fusion reactions  through the use of high intensity laser beams.  Those fancy panels that lit up during the scene where they fired the laser were the actual control/status panels for the facility.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top