Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 2:04:10 PM EDT
Well, I just received my FL CCW license!

I plan on using my Glock 23 as my carry firearm. What are some good holster options for IWB carry? I tend to wear polo shirts or t-shirts with shorts/jeans. I don't usually tuck my shirt in.

I've heard about the Milt Sparks Versa-Max 2. Any comments? Other recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 2:10:03 PM EDT by Stormtrooper]
It really depends - there are alot of good ones. I use a Tucker gunleathers 'THE ANSWER' as my main carry. And I have a small leather IWB holster for quick walks or to go outside. I think you will find that there is not "ONE" that surpasses all the others, but that you will need a few different kinds of holsters to fit the situation you will be carrying in. Alot of people like the versa-max, but i have not tried it.

Check out Glock-Talk in their CCW section and you will find more info than you ever imagined on the subject. All types of holsters are reviewed there and there are several ' what is the best holster' threads as well.

Edit: I also carry a G23
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:10:08 PM EDT
You have a top notch choice in the MS VMII. Very stable and concealable. I use the VM II and a Galco summer comfort (about 1/2 the price). I am pleased with the Galco S.C. Also check out the FIST IWB in either leather or thin Kydex. I use a leather IWB with the J-hook belt fastener for quick out-of-the-truck stop at a store or what not...

Check out http://www.lightningarms.com/

I buy local from these guys as they have lots of inventory. They ship really fast too.

www.gunnersalley.com carrys FIST and I have had good service.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:16:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:21:33 PM EDT
+1 on the VMII. However, I don't carry so don't wear it in the car with my Glock in it. Ask others how it would be if you entered/exited the car a lot. Also, in a car some right handers prefer a weak side holster. No experience here, just what I have read here and on other sites. As someone said, you may need more than one type based on your various activities. Sparks makes a great product IMHO. Congrats on your carry permit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:24:17 PM EDT
VMII or CompTac C-T.A.C
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:26:52 PM EDT
I carry a G19 (same size) and the Threat Solutions UCR is by far the best holster made for a GLOCK. I have used many different types before finding the UCR and it is the most concealable, most comfortable, and most stable of all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 2:34:17 PM EDT by MikeG23]
I carry my G23 in a comptac C-tac wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Very comfortable and no one ever spots it. Although I would like to try Tucker gunleathers 'THE ANSWER'.

I also now have a Wilderness 1 1/2" Instructor's Belt. Before, with a regular belt, whenever I got up from a chair I had to adjust my pants now with my gun belt I can get up from sitting and not have to do anything at all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:33:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By triburst1:
I carry a G19 (same size) and the Threat Solutions UCR is by far the best holster made for a GLOCK. I have used many different types before finding the UCR and it is the most concealable, most comfortable, and most stable of all.

Have you compared it to a C-TAC, The Answer, or VMII? If so what do you like more about it compared to those?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:34:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:34:38 PM EDT
I've got a VM2 that I carry my 1911 with. Had it a couple years now and am 100% happy with it. it's a great great holster.

-V
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:11:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SGB:
VMII horsehide and a good gunbelt.

Can you recommend a good gun belt?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:58:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MikeG23:
I carry my G23 in a comptac C-tac wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Very comfortable and no one ever spots it. Although I would like to try Tucker gunleathers 'THE ANSWER'.

I also now have a Wilderness 1 1/2" Instructor's Belt. Before, with a regular belt, whenever I got up from a chair I had to adjust my pants now with my gun belt I can get up from sitting and not have to do anything at all.

MikeG23 is absolutely correct. This is the same combo I wear every day. I usually wear dockers with the shirt tucked in, but in the summer I wear my shirt tail out. The Wilderness 1 1/2" Inst. Belt is the secret. Once I changed to that belt everything stays put like it should all the time. In 2/12 years no one has every said anything about me printing or being able to tell I was wearing a rig. I have switched from the J-clips to the velcro dots to anchor the holster to the belt. There is no way you can tell when I have the rig on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:17:11 PM EDT
Top Top