Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/29/2004 8:16:24 PM EST
My new Mel Pardue 3550 stainless auto is no worky. i took it apart and the damn mainspring is broke in two. NOT the quality i expected from Benchmade at all. SOOO i call them and they say they cannot ship me a damn spring unless i have a CCL or am a police or fireman etc. what a load of shit. so im asking what can i do to get my 130 dolllar damn knife functional again?!! i dont carry it hell i dont even use it its just nice for the collection =-)
Thanks alot,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:19:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2004 8:20:20 PM EST by TheRedHorseman]
go out and get thine self a CCL tis for thine own damnest good
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:21:14 PM EST
Not a good idea to purchase an auto if you're not LEO or EMS/FIRE.

I got one and had a Dealer ship it back to Benchmade for the yearly sharpening they offer. This was over two months ago now. Beginning to wonder if I'll ever see it again.

I gave $100 for mine VERY gently used.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:23:10 PM EST
I was thinking og etting one, Im wondering about it now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:24:33 PM EST
$10 bux

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41181&item=2273014596&rd=1
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:57:44 PM EST
I have a Microtech auto, I have used it daily for the last 3 years, the only time it has let me down was after it got all sticky slicing up a bunch of apples.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:02:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2004 9:03:06 PM EST by Leisure_Shoot]

Originally Posted By gaspain:
$10 bux

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41181&item=2273014596&rd=1

This place rocks like a MOFO sometimes...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:08:05 PM EST
EXCELLENT THANKS GASPAIN just what i needed. Now, can anyone confirm this would be a good deal buying a 15 dollar(shipping included) spring which my main concern is, is that a cheap as spring and will it definately fit and last. i probably opened my knifed 500 times in 2 weeks cuz i couldnt put it down i know like a little kid =-)
Thanks alot,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:20:30 AM EST
Hog, I have the same knife and my spring broke the same way. I went round and round with those clowns at Benchmade...they kept telling me that I needed to send it back to them for repair, and they wouldn't send it back unless I sent them a copy of my military ID or LEO credentials. I threw my knife in a drawer for about a month before caving in and sending it back--I HATE having somebody else fix something that I am perfectly capable of doing myself. I got it back about a week later, but I am still royally pissed at Benchmade. They refused to sell me a simple spring. I'm currently working the spring situation with a few companies in the area and trying to get some springs made locally that will fit, but nothing has happened yet. The cheapo switchblades' springs might fit, but I doubt they'll be of very good quality or strength. On the plus side, my knife came back MUCH sharper than when I sent it in!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:44:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 5:44:47 AM EST by mleaky]

Originally Posted By bvmjethead:
Not a good idea to purchase an auto if you're not LEO or EMS/FIRE.

I got one and had a Dealer ship it back to Benchmade for the yearly sharpening they offer. This was over two months ago now. Beginning to wonder if I'll ever see it again.

I gave $100 for mine VERY gently used.

It's a fuckin knife, not a grenade! Next thing you know civilians shouldn't be allowed to carry guns either. You can walk into any number of stores here in AZ and by an auto.

Crappy politics on Benchmades part.

I think I need my coffee.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:50:04 AM EST
Quit trying to open medicine bottles with it and you won't have these problems.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:05:03 PM EST
Colt45Guy, SAME EXACT STORY HERE except mine has sat for about 5 months and i just ordered the spring off ebay. im keeping my fingers crossed that it fits and doesnt suck major donkey d!ck.
I will post on quality and such as soon as it arrives.
Thanks for the help,
Jeremy
Top Top