Posted: 2/16/2006 2:00:38 PM EDT
Number 3 was getting long.

Thread III
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
This just in...the season 2 finale will be 90 minutes long and air on 3/10/2006.

There is also a VERY interesting thumbnail on the first page of www.galacticastation.com
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like those guesses about going back to Caprica were right...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
tagarooskie.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have just spent the last several days downloading the mini-series and entire first season in one gigantic download.  Why is it that I pay for cable again?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have just spent the last several days downloading the mini-series and entire first season in one gigantic download.  Why is it that I pay for cable again?

Same reason every male in America has for paying for cable.

ESPN.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]
tag...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This just in...the season 2 finale will be 90 minutes long and air on 3/10/2006.

There is also a VERY interesting thumbnail on the first page of www.galacticastation.com

Very cool.

I proclaim:

Pegasus survives, becomes a strike carrier, performs hit and runs and rescue missions !
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:31:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Tagged.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:52:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Tagged,
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:03:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:16:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/n3kf2p.gif

Oh hell!

That's some funny shit right there!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't think that they will kill the pegasus off like they did in the origional series, it gives them too many possibilites.

Has anyone else thought that it's really ironic that (imho) the best show on TV right now is a remake of prehaps one of the worsts shows to come out of the 70s?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Will be in Reno for the show that weekend. Dayum.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will be in Reno for the show that weekend. Dayum.

bit torrent is your friend...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#22]
That's what a DVR is for.  

E-95
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#23]
My question is why is Apollo such a pussy? Dana Delany called him on it in last weeks episode
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I don't think that they will kill the pegasus off like they did in the origional series, it gives them too many possibilites.

Has anyone else thought that it's really ironic that (imho) the best show on TV right now is a remake of prehaps one of the worsts shows to come out of the 70s?

I think the original show is great and the remake is pretty crappy.  But I am watching it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the original show is great and the remake is pretty crappy.  But I am watching it.

Really? Wow, your of course entitiled to your opinion but you are the first person I've heard say they like the origional series better.

Edited to add, what do you have your PHD in?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#26]
The original series was for kids. The new one is for adults.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tagging thread and wondering how you can possibly believe that.

I loved the original series, but it doesn't hold a candle to this one.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#28]
.gaT
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

One of the worst shows of the 70s?

When we were forced to put up with things like "Chico and the Man" & "Jonie Love Chacie"?

Heck IMHO it wasn't even the worse of the Sci-Fi shows when you consider the alternatives like "Buck Rogers" or "Logan's Run" (movie was decent the series was weak).

Now "Galactica 1980" - that was BAAAAAAD.

I though I'd hate this new show (a female Starbuck!??), but it had turned out to be far superior to the original.  It's the one thing every week I look forward to watching on TV.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Looks like those guesses about going back to Caprica were right...

Nice spoiler
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yep.  Apples to oranges.  I like both for what they are.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When we were forced to put up with things like "Chico and the Man" & "Jonie Love Chacie"?

Heck IMHO it wasn't even the worse of the Sci-Fi shows when you consider the alternatives like "Buck Rogers" or "Logan's Run" (movie was decent the series was weak).

I though I'd hate this new show (a female Starbuck!??), but it had turned out to be far superior to the original.  It's the one thing every week I look forward to watching on TV.

I thought I would hate it as well.   I was pleasantly surprised on the quality of the miniseries and episodes since then have only gotten better.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, lol, I'll grant you that my statement was a little overarching, but truth be told, the origional BSG is one of the few 70s era TV shows I've been exposed to.

Speaking of there was a Logans Run tv series? I actually liked that movie quite a bit. Was it really that bad.

Anyone here ever watch Space: 1999?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#34]
UFO was kinda kick ass also...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, lol, I'll grant you that my statement was a little overarching, but truth be told, the origional BSG is one of the few 70s era TV shows I've been exposed to.

Speaking of there was a Logans Run tv series? I actually liked that movie quite a bit. Was it really that bad.

Space: 1999 was a cool show. I have a note book somewhere that has details of the all the buildings, ships, uniforms etc.

ETA: I use to have the Farrah Fawcett poster of her in Logans Run.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

who were kids when the first one was on TV.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yeah they would drive around in a solar powered car (really hokey looking) trying to find 'sanctuary' meanwhile they run into all kinds of other people/settlements while being chased by sandmen  (basically the ending of the movie was ignored).

Almost like how the A-Team was always being chased by the military.

Bad..

Now that was a decent Sci-Fi show,  As a kid I had a Space 1999 'laser gun' water pistol - it looked just like the ones on the show.  Very cool nerd-toy.

I also though UFO was kinda cool (at least I remember the neat vehicles and the hot moon-girls).
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Amen!

ETA: Yep, I was worried I'd not like this new one, and I have been shocked at the results.

Space: 1999 was a hokey but cool show.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
That's what a DVR is for.  

E-95

I pay for mine so it can catch BSG and Pinks
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I think they could have done a great job remaking the original.  I was the perfect target demographic for the original, about 13 years old when BSG came on the air.  I loved that show.

The new one is just not as good.  Adama should command the fleet, there should be no female president.  Boomer should be a real pilot, not a Cylon girl.  Baltar should be the human face of the Cylons, and commanding the Cylons.  Some of the ship names like "Colonial One" are dumb.   In the original series the Cylons were not created by man, they were created by a now-extinct race (reptilian).

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they could have done a great job remaking the original.  I was the perfect target demographic for the original, about 13 years old when BSG came on the air.  I loved that show.

The new one is just not as good.  Adama should command the fleet, there should be no female president.  Boomer should be a real pilot, not a Cylon girl.  Baltar should be the human face of the Cylons, and commanding the Cylons.  Some of the ship names like "Colonial One" are dumb.   In the original series the Cylons were not created by man, they were created by a now-extinct race (reptilian).

GunLvr

So, your complaint is that it's not the old show.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Watching "Sacrifice" for the first time, now.

OOPS! Wrong target, Kara!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Watching "Sacrifice" for the first time, now.

OOPS! Wrong target, Kara!

That was the most explicable in a series of horrendous tactical fuck ups during this episode.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#44]
BILLY!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I haven't read all the threads in the previous thread, but does it seem like the series has turned into a soap opera?  Previous episodes had some excitement to them (big robots with machine guns!) or intrigue (hey, that guys a cylon!  who knew?) but now it's all this sort of touchy feely stuff.  Starbuck misses Anderson (if that's the guy's name) and it makes her sad.  What's his name, the guy who almost died in space, the Admiral's son, regrets not marrying, and he's feeling sad.  WTF?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I think that Col. Tigh should have been the guy who played Commadore Ross in Space above and Beyond
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't think so. If anything, they're setting up for some good stuff later.

Hasn't reached Soap Opera status by a long shot yet, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I don't think so. If anything, they're setting up for some good stuff later.

Hasn't reached Soap Opera status by a long shot yet, IMO.

I sure hope so.  I really enjoyed the earlier episodes.  I just feel like they lost momentum after they blew up the cylon ships that had been following them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen!

ETA: Yep, I was worried I'd not like this new one, and I have been shocked at the results.

Space: 1999 was a hokey but cool show.

I remember getting the spaceship for CHRISTmas () one year.

Very cool
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Yep, that's why we like it. We remember the original from our "early" years and like the new one because of the drama. I tried watching the old series and realized it was pretty lame, best left to memories.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top