Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Posted: 1/8/2006 8:48:54 AM EDT
This looped three times gosh darn.

I still can't wait till Friday for the next episode.

Thread II
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Part III, YAY, HELLS YEAH!!!!

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#2]
+ a brazzilion!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
WoW.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Nerds and geeks unite.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have a TV Guide or info on the show...I may be on the road during the weekend, and will have to catch the repeat during the week (Tue/Wed PM would be most likely)--anyone know the schedule?

AFARR
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyone have a TV Guide or info on the show...I may be on the road during the weekend, and will have to catch the repeat during the week (Tue/Wed PM would be most likely)--anyone know the schedule?

AFARR

Repeats on Monday night.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

AFARR

I know it repeats Monday night at 2300 hours Eastern.  I'm not sure if it repeats another time after that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#9]
TAG
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Does ANYONE think there is any connection between Pres. Roslyn dying (and jokingly saying that she'd take one of those hot blonde Cylon bodies) and the hot blonde Cylon on Pegasus who wants to die?

It's probably just the writers teasing us, but wouldn't that be a bizarre plot-twist?  

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#11]
tag as I have no geekosity to add atm.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does ANYONE think there is any connection between Pres. Roslyn dying (and jokingly saying that she'd take one of those hot blonde Cylon bodies) and the hot blonde Cylon on Pegasus who wants to die?

It's probably just the writers teasing us, but wouldn't that be a bizarre plot-twist?  

I kind of thought the same thing
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I must admit that It's hard for me to imagine the show without Mary McDonnel.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Taggit
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Fucking cliff hangers!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Taggage!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#17]

"I must admit that It's hard for me to imagine the show without Mary McDonnel."

You don't have to.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me either. They're going to do SOMETHING that saves her.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The one episode in the old series that I haven't managed to catch yet, but want to see,  is the one
where Starbuck is marooned and rebuilds a Cylon toaster for company.    That was a pretty decent episode.

That's because it wasn't in the original series. It was the first episode of GALACTICA 1980, which sucked balls beyond my ability to describe.

I sure as heck don't miss the stupid electronic crap and dumb rope dancing in the recreational
scenes in some episodes of the old BSG.    That was just LAME.    But then again, so were a lot of
things in most (maybe all) late 70s/early 80s sci-fi series.

Don't forget the similar crazy shit in Buck Rogers!

That wasnt the first episode of GALCTICA 1980, it was the last one shown on TV.  It was filmed as the season finale for the original series but wasnt aired for some reason.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#21]

I'm Staying in this one!

F'ing cliffhanger

I am uncertain why the pres didn't releive Kain right there and cap her ass.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That wasnt the first episode of GALCTICA 1980, it was the last one shown on TV.  It was filmed as the season finale for the original series but wasnt aired for some reason.

I remember it as being aired as a flashback explaining where that geeky kid in 1980 came from.

Either way, there's no denying that Galactica 1980 was an abortion!

I mean, REALLY! Couldn't they have used something other than recycled footage from EARTHQUAKE to do that "what if" scenario?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe Roslin is a Cylon?  Maybe not.  Maybe she thinks if the Cylons can "download" a brain into a body, why can't Baltar copy her brain into a new body.  Probably just talk.

Somethings that were covered in Resurection Ship Part 1:

Blackbird has jump ability.
Pegasus Marines use HK UMPs
Galactica Marines use Beretta Storms
Pegasus had a 15 ship fleet of her own, some with jump ability
Kat appears to be the new Galactica CAG (maybe?)
Blackbird can be armed in some fashion (maybe just ordance, no guns have been shown)

I think Gina ends up killing Cain.  In the preview it shows someone in Colonial green utilities and low and behold what has Baltar just given Gina?  Plus some say you can see the scars on the wrist of the person holding the gun in the preview.

Cain seems perfectly willing to kill everyone in the CIC.  Seems a little niave of Cain to assume Adama will not notice Marines fresh from Pegasus "guarding" the CIC.  

At least Adama's plan is a bit more subtle and has a better chance at sucess.  Does Cain not know how her XO feels to her?

Can't wait until part 2.

I hope the don't destroy Pegasus when this arc is over.  Obviously she can't be with the fleet, but she could be the offensive arm fighting Cylons.  She might be able to head back to Colonial space and perhaps resupply the fleet from Ragnar or something.  Rescue mission to Caprica?

It just seems so cliche, Pegasus the "evil" ship so it must be destroyed to make all things right in the show.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

This version of Six want to die and report back to the Cylons with what is going on.

The twist and plots keep me me watching..

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#26]
It's not a matter of being evil, just that there's only supposed to be one.

That said, this show is breaking a LOT of traditions, both as applied to the original BSG as well as to regular sci-fi, so you never can tell. They might just keep it around. After all, it IS the center of the action.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#27]
+
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Tagged like I'd tag a room full of docile, friendly, and obedient No. 6es!

CJ

+10000000000
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Maybe Roslin is a Cylon?  Maybe not.  Maybe she thinks if the Cylons can "download" a brain into a body, why can't Baltar copy her brain into a new body.  Probably just talk.

Somethings that were covered in Resurection Ship Part 1:

Blackbird has jump ability.
Pegasus Marines use HK UMPs
Galactica Marines use Beretta Storms
Pegasus had a 15 ship fleet of her own, some with jump abilityStripped and left behind
Kat appears to be the new Galactica CAG (maybe?)
Blackbird can be armed in some fashion (maybe just ordance, no guns have been shown)

I think Gina ends up killing Cain.  In the preview it shows someone in Colonial green utilities and low and behold what has Baltar just given Gina?  Plus some say you can see the scars on the wrist of the person holding the gun in the preview. It won't happen that way

Cain seems perfectly willing to kill everyone in the CIC.  Seems a little niave of Cain to assume Adama will not notice Marines fresh from Pegasus "guarding" the CIC.  

At least Adama's plan is a bit more subtle and has a better chance at sucess.  Does Cain not know how her XO feels to her?I think the XO feels quilty of his own action. He seems be confessing alot to Col. Tigh

Can't wait until part 2.

I hope the don't destroy Pegasus when this arc is over.  Obviously she can't be with the fleet, but she could be the offensive arm fighting Cylons.  She might be able to head back to Colonial space and perhaps resupply the fleet from Ragnar or something.  Rescue mission to Caprica?

It just seems so cliche, Pegasus the "evil" ship so it must be destroyed to make all things right in the show.

I hope that this Pegasus situation last most of the remainder of the season. Its already been hinted in the leaks..

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Okay, I'm friggin lost... The last ep shown was where the Peg pitches up... But, they showed that last year, right ? No there haven't been any new eps this year, right ?
SciFi channel says Res Pt II isn't until the 14th. I d/l Res Pt I and it's the one I saw last year.

Am I missing something or are you guys just pumped because it's coming back on.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Res pt 1 was a new episode, just aired Fri.

Last episode last year ended with pegasus and galactica launching fighters against each other.

This episode resolves that situation, but not the power struggle.

You must have downloaded the wrong ep.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
This version of Six want to die and report back to the Cylons with what is going on.

No she doesn't.
She really wants to die.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me either. They're going to do SOMETHING that saves her.

There was a very brief snippet in the commercial previews during the SG-1 opener where Roslin gets some type of second chance (medical miracle or something)
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#34]

the day it was built, they showed it had 2 nose guns..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No she doesn't.
She really wants to die.

+1.

She doesn't want to remember what happened to her.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Res pt 1 was a new episode, just aired Fri.

Last episode last year ended with pegasus and galactica launching fighters against each other.

This episode resolves that situation, but not the power struggle.

You must have downloaded the wrong ep.

Yep, it looks that way... Thanks for the clear up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Why does SCI-FI broadcast the fucking show here in AZ on MST time?
10 pm MST is 11pm AZ time! FUCKERS!
Why not just make it 2AM
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Tagged to stay in the loop!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#39]
tag for future
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Why not just make it 2AM

Sorry grandpa.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not just make it 2AM

Sorry grandpa.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm guessing the Peg will end up parting ways with the rest of the fleet, or get destroyed in a gallant but futile rearguard action after her jump drive gets damaged in an attack.  Galactica gets some more crew, and fresh birds.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#43]
It would be sweet if the Pegasus could stick around under friendlier command. Adm. Kain is a tough bitch but I can see why she is doing what she is doing.

Between fighting for mankind's goals in the short term (the immediate fleet) or long term (recapture of the 12 colonies), what does a few civvies hold up to say... Caprica?

Military commanders know people will die in combat; to get hung up on a single life puts the entire army/regiment/platoon in danger. Kain's vision looks at the world a little differently but her actions are surely not "irrational."
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Military commanders know people will die in combat; to get hung up on a single life puts the entire army/regiment/platoon in danger. Kain's vision looks at the world a little differently but her actions are surely not "irrational."

That's what makes the writing so awesome.  While her actions, particularly with respect to the civilian fleet that Pegasus had might seem monstrous, it might also be the actions that many commanders in that desperate situation might choose.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not just make it 2AM

Sorry grandpa.

I laugh but I resemble that remark.After working all week,sometimes it is hard to stay up till 10 pm est to catch the new episode.The wife has all but thrown a bucket of water on me yelling wake up,battlestar galactica is coming on
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#46]
IIRC, the Pegasus in the first series dissappeared taking one two Basestars to cover the retreat of the Galactica and the fleet.  After transfereing most of her pilots.

Remember the planned attack?  The fighters were to take on the Raiders and the two battlestars punch through the two basestars to kill the resurection ship.

I can see the Pegasus doing the same thing by charging the basestars to keep them off the Galactica while it destroys the resurection ship.  Then it goes away, just like the original.  And the Vipers return to the Galatica.  Which gives us lots of plot fodder in trying to blend the two squadrons.

Dunno, but it could be.  Stoooopid cliffhangers....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Tag, so that 'My Active Topics' won't be without a BSG thread.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
It would be sweet if the Pegasus could stick around under friendlier command. Adm. Kain is a tough bitch but I can see why she is doing what she is doing.
The original Cain was considered a hero and bit of a womenizer. He would not have killed inocent people as this Cain did.  Your actually considering her actions as being ok.. What if you and your family had been on any of the 15 ships. Would you freely allow Cain to kill your family?

Between fighting for mankind's goals in the short term (the immediate fleet) or long term (recapture of the 12 colonies), what does a few civvies hold up to say... Caprica?
WTF

Were talking about 15 ships worth of people murdered by Cain. What kind of freak thinks that the need of the few outways the need of the many? She is nothing but a murdering warlord trying to please her ego.

Gee.. I think you would get along great with Janet Reno..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#49]
What's the longest running TV show thread in ARFCOM history?

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
What's the longest running TV show thread in ARFCOM history?

~Dg84

I would put my money on this one..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top