Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 8:49:08 PM EDT
I heard on Paul Harvey today that an airline pilot recently made the following announcement before takeoff:  

Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen.  Thank you for flying with us today.  I know that that took courage and we appreciate it.  

Now, since the Federal government is not going to do anything, we have to take care of ourselves.  

Someone may try to hijack this plane by claiming he has a bomb.  Ladies and Gentlemen, there are NO bombs on board this airplane.  

If someone tries to hijack us using a broken bit of plastic as a knife, I want everyone to start throwing things at him.  Pillows, books, eye glass cases, bags, anything.  This will distract him.  Then I want you to seize him.  

Remember: there are 200 of you and only one of him.

(This is a paraphrase because my memory is so bad.)

This sounds too good to be true.  Still, I'd feel more comfortable if the pilot made such an announcement.  

Any truth to the story?  Did the pilot keep his job?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Any truth to the story?  Did the pilot keep his job?
View Quote

If he was just the co-pilot, I'd make him Captain.  He pretty much has it dead on:

"Folks, we apologize for the forbidden use of weapons of any sorts on this airline.  We realize, though, that terrorists and other criminals don't often follow these safe and simple rules of air travel, so we'd love it if you could just save your spork from the inflight meal which will be served soon, in case of an emergency attack.  Thank you for flying...Communistental Airlines".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top