Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/18/2005 5:32:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:37:30 PM EDT
i remember her being practically nude.

what happened?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:38:17 PM EDT
I fear it will be a let down. MTV is producing it....which says a lot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:40:35 PM EDT
Thats why I sais this isnt Aeon to me...... She need to be wearing a bubblegum wrapper and dental flose.

Originally Posted By Triumph955i:

what happened?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:40:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 7:18:45 PM EDT by glock23carry]
The whole point of the cartoons was mindless violence and a nearly naked chick. Now Hollywood is going to screw it up with dialogue and plot? Idiots.

G
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:42:12 PM EDT
WTF was that?

What the hell have they done with Aeon Flux? Probably the same thing they're doing with Doom.

Not gonna mention the sound-effect ripoff from Fifth Element on those machineguns..
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:44:00 PM EDT

what happened?

movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1038013.php/Charlize_Theron_re-designs_Aeon_Flux_outfit

Charlize Theron re-designs Aeon Flux outfit
By WENN
Jul 31, 2005, 19:00 GMT

Hollywood star Charlize Theron forced movie bosses to change her costume design for forthcoming movie Aeon Flux - after deciding her character's original outfit was too revealing.

When Theron saw the superheroine's skimpy crime-fighting outfit of a bikini, thigh-high boots and shoulder pads, she decided to add trousers to the outfit.

The 29-year-old star admits, "When you're playing with aspects of sexuality, certain things have to be hidden. That's what my mother always used to tell me.

"I wanted to stay as true as possible to the original character, but didn't feel the need to go as far with the costume."

The sci-fi movie, based on the comic book adaptation, is due to be released in the autumn (05).
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:50:11 PM EDT

what happened?

Charlize Theron didn't feel it was needed for the movie. Her being a Playboy playmate doesn't make any sense.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:25:13 PM EDT
Waaaaay too much clothing on her.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:52:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 7:54:30 PM EDT by Tannim]

Originally Posted By Airwolf:

what happened?

movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1038013.php/Charlize_Theron_re-designs_Aeon_Flux_outfit

Charlize Theron re-designs Aeon Flux outfit
By WENN
Jul 31, 2005, 19:00 GMT

Hollywood star Charlize Theron forced movie bosses to change her costume design for forthcoming movie Aeon Flux - after deciding her character's original outfit was too revealing.

When Theron saw the superheroine's skimpy crime-fighting outfit of a bikini, thigh-high boots and shoulder pads, she decided to add trousers to the outfit.

The 29-year-old star admits, "When you're playing with aspects of sexuality, certain things have to be hidden. That's what my mother always used to tell me.

"I wanted to stay as true as possible to the original character, but didn't feel the need to go as far with the costume."

The sci-fi movie, based on the comic book adaptation, is due to be released in the autumn (05).

Then she should have passed on the role. Hollywood should have cast a total unknown.

Fuck these "stars" and their attitudes. You play a character. If you don't like it STARVE.

Not going to the theater or renting this one at all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:53:50 PM EDT
Ruined.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:55:11 PM EDT
Can't say that I'm surprised that they are butchering 'nother franchise
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:55:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:
WTF was that?

What the hell have they done with Aeon Flux? Probably the same thing they're doing with Doom.

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:59:30 PM EDT
Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said except...

FAILURE!

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:08:17 PM EDT
Most modern movie remakes are crap anyways, is anyone supprised by this bullshit anymore?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:57:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BaNo:
Most modern movie remakes are crap anyways, is anyone supprised by this bullshit anymore?

Nope
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:10:05 AM EDT
I'm a Charlize fan but this has the vast potential for suckage.

Though I'm interested to see how they portray the anti-government message it has. Is it anti-Republican or just anti-government?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:37:10 AM EDT
Whether Aeon is wearing pants is not relevant to how good the movie is going to be. She's worn more "normal" clothing on the show occasionally, and it didn't affect the fact that she was Aeon. She was still just as much of a badass.

It's probably going to suck, but the pants aren't going to be what makes it suck.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:05:47 PM EDT
Booo! Hissss! Too much clothing, and Theron isn't tough enough for the role.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:26:24 PM EDT
I'll see it... I just won't think of it as seeing a live-action version of Aeon Flux but simply some nameless action movie.

It looks neat, but it doesn't have that raw, icky, bizzare feel that the cartoon did and I doubt they could ever recreate that feel in live-action. This movie looks so clean and polished... nothing like the original.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:40:36 PM EDT
Jolie should've been cast in the role, in the original costume.

Hubba Hubba.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:11:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By magnum_99:
Jolie should've been cast in the role, in the original costume.
Hubba Hubba.

Better than Theron but not my pick. Someone with a thinner figure and face... almost like Courtney Cox although I can't stand her and she hardly comes off as an action chick.
Top Top