Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2001 11:43:36 PM EDT
I am in the need for a new tractor.  I plan on getting a 4x4 in the 40-50HP range.  Currently I am looking at a New Holland and a Kubota.  Has anyone had an experience with the two?
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Kubota 6800.Alittle bigger than you want.It is a litle lighter than the others,Which means it is easier to haul and I didn't have to get a bigger trailor.I put the biggest backhoe that BushHog makes on it.It pulls a 10 foot brushhog easily.I like it.I have never been stuck on it,Used to stick my 2WD Ford once a week in the spring and fall.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Go for the Kubota.  Ford/New Holland uses a lot of electranics in their equipment, and the bugs are not worked out of it yet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Go Kubota. My father is in construction and has had NO complaints with their products.  He first bought one after talking with the local county maint. and the director said they had less problems with them than the Deere and Fords.  He about a year ago wanted an extra to use around home and bought a Mahindra (a friend of his is a dealer)and it has been a pleasant surprise. Great tractor with lots of features for the price. It had one problem with the starter and they replaced it and serviced the the tractoe for free. His dealer friend said the manufactur stands behind the product as well as the big companies.  If the Kioti brand is available in your area it is also a good alternative to the Kubota if money is an issue.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never had a problem with my Kubota, and your not paying a premium for that damn green paint job. I have friends with a serious landscape business and they love their Kubotas. I have an older L2850.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I own a Ford/NH 1720 with a 7308 loader and haven't had a lick of trouble. Just wish I'd of gone bigger. Bought the tractor and then found land. It's just that I found more land than tractor.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 1:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a new New Holland TN55 4x4 today.  I compared the Kubota and the New Holland and thought that the NH was built better. It was a hard choice though. Here is a picture!

Can't get the HTML to work!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top