Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/15/2008 5:06:14 PM EDT
Anyone ever hear of these guys? My buddy just told me about them and I must say they're pretty fantastic. Vocals are kinda in the opposite direction of what I've been listening too lately, but the guitar-work just fucking SLAYS.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_EhEpPHjY
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:36:15 PM EDT
subtagscribe for later.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:09:39 PM EDT
I've seen them live 2 or 3 times and they rule. Jeff Loomis is an AWESOME guitarist! Very creative and original sounding leads.

At first I didn't like the singing, but Warrel Dane is actually really good. I think 'Dead heart in a dead world' is their best cd.

Half of the band used to be Sanctuary, which isn't bad either, but not as good as Nevermore.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:13:48 PM EDT
Nevermore is one of my top/favorite bands. They've been around a for awhile now. Check their discography. As another poster mentioned Dead Heart is an excellent album, and the roots of the band go back to Sanctuary as mentioned.

I definitely liked Sanctuary when they hit the scene, check out Refuge Denied track it's a classic for the time. I think Nevermore is even better. because Loomis is an incredible guitarist and Van Williams rips on the drums.

On another note, Warrell Dane just put out a solo album, but is sure sounds a lot like Nevermore. The purpose was to show off his vocals - he sings lower range than he normally does. The refuge denied track contrasts the difference well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:17:03 PM EDT
Who plays guitar on his solo cd?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:26:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By inferno715:
Who plays guitar on his solo cd?

The album features guitarist Peter Wichers, formerly of Soilwork However, Loomis does play on track 2 and James Murphy on track 8.
Top Top